fao our ROI members

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: fao our ROI members

Post by Davycc »

I have a sneaky feeling MMC is going back for a second shout, so I put £1 on at 7/1

.Martin O'Neill it is then!
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 972

Post by Deleted User 972 »

Mcdermott has said its not the right time for him to take the job thats in the future and that he feels adopted by leeds and that hes 100 percent committed
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

ruelfox wrote:Mcdermott has said its not the right time for him to take the job thats in the future and that he feels adopted by leeds and that hes 100 percent committed
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article ... ssful-here

From the OS for those that haven't seen it
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Top interview given by B Mac on Talksport this afternoon. Clearly put to bed the notion he is set to join Ireland any time soon. Gave him the Leeds salute through the radio. :)
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Wilfred Martin
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Wilfred Martin »

Brian McDermott has a real skill of being able to say the right things at the right time to maximise fan support - and he doesn't seem to give Malecowpoo or waffle like many other managers.
Dare I say that he's a "Yorkshire man's" type of manager.

I really like the guy and how he's going about his job at Leeds.
We're on our way to....
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I don't mind admitting that I was not too keen on BMcD getting the Leeds job, I did not think he would connect with the fans (which is a fair reason to have doubts about a manager), but I could not have been more wrong, Brian knows exactly what to say but always keeps things real and fair.

What I did not know about him when his name was connected with the Leeds job was just how much of a top bloke he is. Thats what sold him himself to the fans, Warnock stroked and tickled the belly of the fans more than anyone saying how great we were and this that and the other, but he just wasn't fully committed, everyone knew it was a one season push and eventually the novelty of his 'charm' wore thin. BMcD has a plan, and he addresses the fans with optimism, reality and respect. What more can you ask for??
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Sheepy wrote:I don't mind admitting that I was not too keen on BMcD getting the Leeds job, I did not think he would connect with the fans (which is a fair reason to have doubts about a manager), but I could not have been more wrong, Brian knows exactly what to say but always keeps things real and fair.

What I did not know about him when his name was connected with the Leeds job was just how much of a top bloke he is. Thats what sold him himself to the fans, Warnock stroked and tickled the belly of the fans more than anyone saying how great we were and this that and the other, but he just wasn't fully committed, everyone knew it was a one season push and eventually the novelty of his 'charm' wore thin. BMcD has a plan, and he addresses the fans with optimism, reality and respect. What more can you ask for??
Nail on the head quote there and i agree wholeheartedly he has the backing of everyone connected to the club, board, management, squad, fans and even the media, i cant remember the last time anyone has been given so much respect and who deserved it to be honest, Neil Warnock did as you say tickle and push the right buttons with words when he arrived and that charm did win me over indeed but it became apparent that it was something extra needed, BmD has that 1000 mile stare in his eyes, i see it in every interview he has given, he's not a what i would say an intimidating person when initially looking at him, but when you see that 1000 the stare and his way of being corrective or assertive in his answers makes people respect him a lot. A likeable bloke who in hope we keep for years to come.

Heres to BmD for being the manager that leeds have needed for many a year :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

I'm glad BMD came out and said he was committed to Leeds. It has stopped weeks of speculation etc which we dont need. Credit to him for doing that.
Plus I would like to see Martin O'Neill get the job. :thumbup:
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Sheepy wrote:I don't mind admitting that I was not too keen on BMcD getting the Leeds job, I did not think he would connect with the fans (which is a fair reason to have doubts about a manager), but I could not have been more wrong, Brian knows exactly what to say but always keeps things real and fair.

My thoughts exactly, yes the jury has still got to be out on him, and the signings of hunt and murphey could be seen as unnecessary, given our needs elsewher & the glut of resource we have in there positions. However, in terms of engagement with the supporters, and working within the limited boundaries he has it's been a very good start.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Gilford_NI_Whites wrote:I'm glad BMD came out and said he was committed to Leeds. It has stopped weeks of speculation etc which we dont need. Credit to him for doing that.
Plus I would like to see Martin O'Neill get the job. :thumbup:
I liked his interview, he has a knack if saying just what you want to hear.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT