The famous coat of arms and blue club facade

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 130

The famous coat of arms and blue club facade

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Remember the beautiful West Stand facade above the club reception on the West Stand of the stadium, facing what was Fullerton Park pitches and is now the car park? It features in loads of photos including that one of King John Charles in full white kit having just re-signed for the club. As well as 'LEEDS UNITED A F C' lettering there was the magnificent coat of arms too, all on a glorious blue backdrop.

I'm pretty sure it was all removed when the banqueting suite was built. Does anyone know when that was and, more importantly, what happened to the coat of arms and the lettering?
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The famous coat of arms and blue club facade

Post by Sheepy »

I have no idea what happened to the coat of arms and lettering but the banqueting suite was built in 1992 after the season had finished. (from my memory, no official source I'm afraid)

Originally, you could walk underneath it, later on they converted the underneath bit.
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

As far as I am aware the coat of arms was the city crest and when Bates fell out with them after he tried to get a loan from them he had it taken down. After that....

A little more research and it appears the crest used to have a brass plaque under it saying loaned to Leeds United by the ? Family.

Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Cheers Phil, v interesting.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Cheers Phil, v interesting.
Only sorry I can't help more, you can just see Bates after LCC refuse him a loan and him having a hissy fit and demanding the crest being taken down. Stix Lockwood would have the answer of that I'm certain ;)
Winner of the Europa League