Very interesting article from a Leeds fan, must-read

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 130

Re: Very interesting article from a Leeds fan, must-read

Post by Deleted User 130 »

johnh wrote:Not very well written. Not a lot of facts. A lot of speculation. I can't see that Cellino would have appointed Umbers without a written contract defining the extent of his role as Chairman. eg I doubt that Umbers would have the authority to decide, unilaterally, who to sell the club to. On the other hand, Cellino did buy the club without doing due diligence. :shock: He might have learned his lesson though.
I think it's just written by a fan though, John, not a journalist. So the errors in the writing shouldn't really distract from what 'seems' to be the truth. He seems to know his stuff.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

The real worry is that it may well all be true and it may well be that Cellino has been stitched up by Umbers and maybe Cellino cannot now get rid of him without yet another huge and expensive court case. Imagine the tension within the club if that is the case? I know most of it is speculation but no honest, moral, sensible folk ever seem to get their feet under the Leeds table and the more crooks that are in there the more they will attract. As Ive said before I sometimes wish it would just all go ti** up and we could rid ourselves of the lot of em and start again.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Yes, I can appreciate that point DLW, I just don't really want to have to face it!