Do we really fall for TV shows

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Do we really fall for TV shows

Post by Davycc »

I am getting really fed up with some TV formats. One for instance, which I used to love "Survival" shows. Ray Mears down to earth simple how to get by survival, excellent. Bear Grylls started off in the right way too but went all showman stuff.

Now the latest dirge "Survive That" 5 experts (and I don't argue they are) kidnap one of the group and dump them with little provisions to survive with and give them 100 hours to make their way to safety. The kidnapping is po staged OMG. Tonight they "tricked a team member into being kidnapped in New York in shorts and tee shirt. He was chased only a few feet past a hiding team member on a street, how he missed bumping into the camera and sound team I do not know. He was hooded cuffed and then dropped off in TANZANIA of all places to survive. Now I know security at airports, its pretty tight, but I'll allow the odd lapse but asking us to believe that they took a hooded cuffed man onto a flight without a passport (or sneaking him and an entire film crew) into Africa without said passport is pretty annoying. I could also mention the numerous occasions where he's left all alone bar the camera and sound guys.

All these shows are so staged, I'm getting to really hate them.

Sorry I know it's just entertainment but I hate being trated like a fool. I'll pass on this one.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Re: Do we really fall for TV shows

Post by Deleted User 728 »

You know that big red button at the top of the remote .. ?

;)

Actually. I don't watch much TV when it's "on" apart from football and a few faves like Top Gear, Dragon's Den and a few comedies.
The rest I watch on the iPlayer (or equivalent) or download - I just cancelled my Virgin service and switched to Freeview.
I find myself watching more and more movies or those huge American dramas instead.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Do we really fall for TV shows

Post by johnh »

Exactly right Davy. Another waste of time are programmes like 'searching for the Loch Ness monster'. You know they are not going to find anything, if they had you would have read about it in the papers.
I once played against Don Revie.