Why play Byram on the left & Taylor on the right

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Why play Byram on the left & Taylor on the right

Post by 1964white »

What is it about our managers ?

Over the years they all insist on playing players out of their natural position. Redfern has caught the bug big-time now.
We have a CB playing RB, we have two full-backs playing in midfield & for some unbelievable reason Redders switched Byram/Taylor over to the other wings so Charlie & Sam were playing out of their comfort zone twice over. I can accept Sam playing on the right side of midfield as i firmly believe we have a decent full back in Berardi. Redders needs to switch Berardi to RB (drop Wootton), move Taylor back to his natural LB position before he ruins Charlie's career as other managers did with Aidy White. Redfern's killer substitution blow last night was to bring Antenucci on to play upfront with Sharp in a 4-4-2 formation albeit fifteen minutes too late then promptly take Byram/Taylor off :roll: two players who can get round the back & supply crosses for Sharp & Antenucci. Wootton & possibly Mowatt should have been sacrificed with Berardi playing RB & Taylor reverting back to his natural role as an overlapping left-back. What with the fiasco where we play 4-5-1 with a little man upfront is it any wonder we have lost four games on the bounce !
Deleted User 728

Re: Why play Byram on the left & Taylor on the right

Post by Deleted User 728 »

The vogue for wingers cutting in on their stronger foot has been around for years, so I can see the logic.

The trouble is, that's normally if we're talking about top flight and international football, not the second division where most teams struggle if they play anything outside 442.

Even then, most wide-men switch throughout the game to keep defenders on the back foot.

Look at Real with Bale often starting on the right and Ronaldo nominally on the left ...
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

rigger wrote:The vogue for wingers cutting in on their stronger foot has been around for years, so I can see the logic.

The trouble is, that's normally if we're talking about top flight and international football, not the second division where most teams struggle if they play anything outside 442.

Even then, most wide-men switch throughout the game to keep defenders on the back foot.

Look at Real with Bale often starting on the right and Ronaldo nominally on the left ...
Wingers yes, but not full backs playing out of position.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Deleted User 728

LOL

Now I come to think about it ... ;)
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

rigger wrote:

Class players can play different positions
Deleted User 728

1964white wrote:
rigger wrote:

I played about 200 games at left back despite being predominantly right-footed :D
woollywhite
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by woollywhite »

rigger wrote:
1964white wrote:
rigger wrote:

I played about 200 games at left back despite being predominantly right-footed :D

I was a genius with both feet.... I could play anywhere up front..... :crazy: :D ;)
NO news is good news
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

1964white wrote: Class players can play different positions

It never bothered Paul Madeley did it ;)
Winner of the Europa League