Questions From Newcastle Fans

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
YCCMY
Giddy Kipper

Questions From Newcastle Fans

Post by YCCMY »

Hi i'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask a set of ten questions our upcoming opponents each week to see the views on the match from the 'other side'. We would really appreciate if you could do this as we like to use the responses as part of our match day build up. You are welcome to come across if you want to have some 'banter' about the match. We are a friendly bunch!

1 – How do you think you’ll line up?
2 – How was Leeds' summer? Are you happy with the transfer deals done?
3 – What is your style of play going to be like this season?
4 – How much importance are you placing on this match?
5 – Who should we watch out for / who is your biggest threat?
6 – Which of our players are you most afraid of?
7 – What is your prediction for Leeds this season?
8 – How do you think Newcastle will do this season?
9 – Scoreline prediction?
10 – If your football club was a fruit, what fruit would it be?

Thanks for helping us out.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Questions From Newcastle Fans

Post by Aces »

All of the Geordies I know are great guys and gals, down to earth, like a laugh, at times hard to understand, lol. I think we expected more signings, me personally I thought the new owners would have put more money up for transfers, they didn't, but they also didn't give B McD extra wage funds to get some quality loan signings in. Having said that, until the loss against Burnley I thought we had played and done fairly well, but that loss has set us back. Will you be putting a strong team out against us.
Last edited by Aces on 23 Sep 2013, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

A fruit ...... A peach of a club, just on the way up to becoming ripe ..... Hopefully.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

YCCMY wrote:Hi i'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask a set of ten questions our upcoming opponents each week to see the views on the match from the 'other side'. We would really appreciate if you could do this as we like to use the responses as part of our match day build up. You are welcome to come across if you want to have some 'banter' about the match. We are a friendly bunch!

Thanks for helping us out.
Read before Saturday's game that we're the team in the Championship that has used the least number of players, so a look at our previous line-ups would give you a good idea. We won't be resting any players I shouldn't think, although it wouldn't surprise me if the youngster Mowatt started.
It seems we don't have the cash to splash around like some clubs in the division, so our outlays have been relatively modest. The jury is still out on most of the acquisitions, although I think the CB from scum, Wootton, is proving to be a good addition.
Hard working with minimal end product for now.
There's a mixture of views. Personally I think it's good for us to play the bigger teams in the Premiership, as we seem to have done for a few seasons now. Clearly our objective is Premiership football, so the League Cup has the potential to be an enjoyable distraction.
Michael Brown
We're never 'afraid' of any opposition player. We quite effectively neutralized Gareth Bale last season, who went on to become the world's most expensive player. But if you're asking which players' ability do we respect then my mind immediately goes to Ben Arfa, although your array of forwards is to be envied too.
With more goals we'll be in the mix for the play-offs
Viewed from afar the re-appointment of Joe Kinnear was an odd one, and it's hard to figure out what the division of responsibilities is between him and Pardew. This lack of clarity can easily transfer itself to the players, and the team could struggle. At the moment I'd say you should be thankful you're in a division with Norwich, Palace and the now Di Canio-less Sunderland.
A repeat of the 4-1 victory at your place during the early 80's in the same competition would be as enjoyable as it was back then :lol:

Part of the outcome depends on whether Pardew puts out a full strength side. But, as recent cup experience has shown, players, especially foreign ones of which you have many, don't realise a) that Leeds was in recent history part of the Premiership, and b) there is a strong sense of rivalry between our two clubs and they're not prepared for the atmosphere of the game.

I'd say 1-1, extra time, penalty shoot out
So many fruits have pejorative associations: gooseberry, rhubarb, lemon, raspberry, even banana.

I just discovered that olive is a fruit. Maybe that's us: been around a long time, not universally liked but our branches offer peace?
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

– How do you think you’ll line up?
Kenny - Green, Lees, Wootton, White - Austin - Mowatt, Murphy - Diouf - Poleon, Smith
It was pretty good. We signed some promising youngsters (Murphy, Wootton, Smith) and spent £1m for the first time since August 2005 when we signed Murphy. We didn't really manage to offload much deadwood. Hunt isn't that good right now, would've preferred his wages spent on a young goalscorer.
We're set up for away games, hopefully we'll still have our big game cup mentality from last season. With Poleon and White we hopefully have real counter attacking options.
Not much, getting promotion is the only real goal.
Diouf's a big game player; Austin can boss a game on his day; Byram's one of the best talents in Championship; McCormack can produce a bit of magic.
Ben Arfa, Remy and Sissoko.
9th.
15th
1-2 to Leeds :D
Not sure how to answer this one. Has left me stumped.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

SiMamu, You know we are Bananas :crazy:
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

----------Kenny
-Lees-Wootton-Pearce-White
-------------Green
------Mowatt-----Murphy
---------McCormack
--------Poleon--Smith

Personally I am fairly happy, but I'm one of the easiest to please Leeds fans around, most will be perennially unimpressed with our squad until we are at the top end of the Premier League. But we signed more players than you did!
'Hard to beat'. Our defence is solider than it has been for years but we're not too dangerous going forward any more.
Not too much, looking forward to it but the result doesn't matter, though I would happily celebrate a win.
5 – Who should we watch out for / who is your biggest threat
We don't pose much of a threat to be honest. If Austin plays, he might be a threat to some of your more fragile players' ankles.
I'm not sure I'm afraid of any. Krul is a good keeper which will make it even harder for us to score.
A late rush for a play-off spot, which will go right down to the wire. Finish 6th or 7th
I think I predicted they would just avoid relegation, maybe finishing 16th or 17th
Optimistically: Newcastle 0-1 Leeds
An apricot: when they're good, they're really nice but don't last too long. They're what Larry David describes as a 'low percentage fruit' in that only one in every 4 or so is a good one.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."