Wiggins Hour Record 7/6/2015

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Wiggins Hour Record 7/6/2015

Post by Mellor »

We might not be able to play football but in Wiggo we have, arguably, the greatest all round cyclist of his generation.

Tomorrow at 6:30 pm he goes for the hour record. It's tougher than tough. It's live on telly/iPad etc. not everyone's cup of tea I appreciate but for those who are interested we could see something very special from Wiggins.

Link if interested in watching a bloke go round and round in circles in a way few human beings can hope to emulate

http://www1.skysports.com/hourrecord/ne ... w-to-watch
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Wiggins Hour Record 7/6/2015

Post by Costy »

Imagine the agony and exhaustion he'll put himself through trying to get it. You've just got to admire these people for their natural gifts and the dedication they show in maximising them.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Good luck to him. Love the film 'Flying Scotsman' about Graham Obree. He broke the 1 hour record with a second attempt within 24 hours. Crazy.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Here we go - countdown starts.
attacco decente
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Must be feeling it now.

I hope he digs deep and smashes it.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Smashed it in difficult conditions - high air pressure. It's been a privilege to witness Wiggo, Cavendish, Hoy etc take British cycling to a level most of our sports can only dream of. History made and we saw it. Amazing.

Meanwhile on the top deck of a bus somewhere in North London Wilshire is abusing Spurs fans. Talk about 'attitude'.
attacco decente
Costy

Post by Costy »

Mellor wrote:Smashed it in difficult conditions - high air pressure. It's been a privilege to witness Wiggo, Cavendish, Hoy etc take British cycling to a level most of our sports can only dream of. History made and we saw it. Amazing.

Meanwhile on the top deck of a bus somewhere in North London Wilshire is abusing Spurs fans. Talk about 'attitude'.
Fantastic, a super human effort. It never ceases to amaze me when I think of the sheer range of what the human body us capable of.

On wilshire, I actually had no problem with what he did. Just a fan behaving how most fans do and all very harmless.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Costy wrote:
Mellor wrote:Smashed it in difficult conditions - high air pressure. It's been a privilege to witness Wiggo, Cavendish, Hoy etc take British cycling to a level most of our sports can only dream of. History made and we saw it. Amazing.

Fantastic, a super human effort. It never ceases to amaze me when I think of the sheer range of what the human body us capable of.

On wilshire, I actually had no problem with what he did. Just a fan behaving how most fans do and all very harmless.
I don't have a problem with anyone fooling around, having a fag, smoking a bong or whatever I just wonder how much a bloke like Wilshire (he's just an example) who has achieved little in comparison with elite sportsfolk like Wiggo, is prepared to give. I ask this because, whoever England play at footie, they appear fitter/faster/brighter/stronger? Bikes, rowing is different. We set the benchmark.
attacco decente
Costy

Post by Costy »

I'm with you on that. I think it's simple: English players are not generally particularly good, but are helped to look it by brilliant foreign team mates in the premier league. Remove the foreign players and we struggle. The truth is, we are in the second tier of international teams, far behind Spain, Germany etc.