The rub of the green

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aidanbutterworth2
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

The rub of the green

Post by Aidanbutterworth2 »

Against Reading we genuinely could have won, we were so close. In fact I was jumping around thinking Pearce had scored Reading moments before Le Fondre nicked it.

Austin could have slid a pass through for McCormack just before that but miscued and so one of a few good chances went begging.

No two ways about it Burnley played well but again Varney. McCormack, Tonge, Austin and Smith all missed sitters and on another day we could have had at least a point.

Yes its true we lack someone to finish and that could well be the difference to us turning defeats in to victories because I do believe we can compete in midfield and we have a decent defence.

So while we wait for Pearce to finally get a header on target, and perhaps BMD will be brave and bring someone in to score the goals, lets hope a little bit of luck tomorrow comes our way as it could make all the difference...

We are not far off but this league is so tight very small margins make all the difference
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: The rub of the green

Post by isrodger »

We have not been far off since the turn of the year. With bechio in the side we may have made the playoffs, without him prexmas last year we could well of got relegated. Steve Morrison has been a terrible disappointment, his body language initially was all wrong, but I dont think he got a fair crack of the whip, & looking at it objectively the Steve Morrison who used to play for millwall would a lot more value to our squad than Noel Hunt. The objective this season for me is the full integration or not of mowatt, poleon, Dawson into the first team squad. That and the identification outside of the club of a goalscorer, two wide men and probably a left back, who can come into the first team, really contribute.... Tommy Rowe may be one of them, but I can not see the other 3 being acquired without serious investment.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

We had the rub of the green against Ipswich and Bolton. What worries me is we haven't played at a level I think we should be playing at. I wouldn't mind losing so much if we looked good but the same goes for winning. We rode our luck at the start, but never looked that good while doing so.
I believe the effort the players are putting in is 2nd to none, but they remind me of chickens that have had their heads pulled off - running around franticly without any clear direction.
Most seem to have a lack of confidence when playing, and if it isn't lacking confidence, then maybe it's just an inability to do what's asked of them, which entails them looking less confident.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I honestly think that this season we have been quite unlucky with how the fixtures have fallen, since the Bolton match, I would say that every team we have faced have all hit form prior to playing ourselves.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

You are only as good as your last game but once the whistle goes, that counts for nothing. It is not important what kind of form the opposition is in. It is down to your own performance and how hard you work and apply yourself. The harder you work the luckier you get. I could carry on with the clichés but I think youse get my point.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

That's exactly the kind of thing manager's heading towards relegation say sheepy.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Sheepy wrote:I honestly think that this season we have been quite unlucky with how the fixtures have fallen, since the Bolton match, I would say that every team we have faced have all hit form prior to playing ourselves.
Sheepy
Millwall's form didn't last long after they beat us! :roll:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

Sheepy has a point, we are unfortunate to have played the top 3 teams already.

I don't believe this represents the bigger picture though.

Out the 6 teams that have beaten us this season, only 2 of them won their 2 games prior to playing us.
Out the 6 teams that have beaten us this season, 2 of the teams lost both their 2 games prior to playing us.
Out the 6 teams that have beaten us this season, only 2 went on to win their next game after playing us.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

It's really no more complicated than we aren't very good.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente