Here we go again.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Wilfred Martin
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: Here we go again.

Post by Wilfred Martin »

Bogdan, while I agree with your comments about Brown being an integral part of the team in terms of appearances over the season, I believe that by the time of the appearance that I understand triggered the extension (Charlton away on 6th April) he had become only a "bit part player". In the 10 matches up to and including Charlton, Brown had only actually played 4 times. Only one of those appearances was he in the starting line-up. The other 3 appearances were as a substitute with a total game time in those three matches of 24 minutes. I accept that it's always dangerous for the board to interfere in team manager's selections, but that 2 minute cameo appearance at Charlton (& I understand why he was put on, to help secure a draw at the time) could have cost us dearly in terms of team-building this season.
We're on our way to....
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Bogdan wrote:
isrodger wrote:The fans unfortunately have run out of patience
I disagree, and I know you will disagree with my disagreement, but I haven't run out of patience, and I know loads of people who haven't and aren't issuing ultimatums, far from it. And I'm not just talking about friends that I see around games regularly, who might be friends through the nature of fact that we generally see things the same way, but even through the bad spell of the last 2-3 weeks, most of what I read on social media for example is quite encouraging. Apart from the naming of players that might fill in the gaps we're missing (striker, winger) - calls to which GFH have genuinely responded, and it is clear we are looking at bringing someone in - most of the reactions are fairly realistic and recognise the current pad spell for example is entirely down current team not even living up to their own standard, rather than a stagnation in the club as a whole.
I think that's a fair point & we can see we are moving forward for the first time in 5 years - but its the pace of change which frustrates. We also are playing catch up big style. I also think the loss of a good 5,000 supporters is testimony to quite a few running out of patience. Whilst I admire BMc for stating £600k for Burke was too much; given we are crying out for width & creativity in our side; you couldn't blame anyone for feeling "if he wont spend that on a player we desperately need - i'm not spending £20 watching his less than entertaining side versus Bournemouth"
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

The comparison between Brown and Bakke would be fair but for the fact Bakke was on 9 or 10 times what Brown is likely to be on and that was 10 years ago. Brown deserved the extra year on his contract. He was in our top 5 performers last season and I would rather he was in the side now than Murphy. He showed in pre-season that he still has a lot to offer. I doubt his wages have made much difference to our team building. I would imagine Pugh and Norris are on double the wage of Brown. Maybe not moving them on has been prohibitive.
As for fans running out of patience. That will always be the case. We are living in a fickle society. Bates left us in a right mess and has hamstrung GFH by mortgaging off season ticket sales. Next season that will be back to normal.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I see our Chairman has said that there is a prospective Investor 'on the horizon'. I hope we don't need a telescope to see him and if we do, I hope we are not looking out of the eye with the patch over it.
I once played against Don Revie.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

johnh wrote:I see our Chairman has said that there is a prospective Investor 'on the horizon'. I hope we don't need a telescope to see him and if we do, I hope we are not looking out of the eye with the patch over it.
I have been critical of GFH in terms of their immediate investment - but in fairness to them & the new chairman he has set out a 2 yr agenda. Lets hope they / he delivers.
Vince Hilaire
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Vince Hilaire »

Investment is ''close'' - apparently.
any old iron
Independent Republic
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Independent Republic »

Vince Hilaire wrote:Investment is ''close'' - apparently.

Even "imminent" - here we go again!
Independent Republic
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Independent Republic »

Vince Hilaire wrote:Investment is ''close'' - apparently.