Do you want Joey Barton at LUFC?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Joey Barton to Leeds?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 52

Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Do you want Joey Barton at LUFC?

Post by Mr Russell »

I put no, if it was a one year deal with reduced wages i might have been tempted to go yes but that would never happen. He's had his time and whilst his experience would be handy, in the long run it would be a waste of time.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
SaudiDan
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by SaudiDan »

I choose to ignore age and salary and just judge him on current ability, and on that basis I think he'd be a great addition; however I do agree with what others are saying in that he's almost 33, would probably want a 3 year deal, his wages would be too high and his temperament would be a gamble.

If we genuinely have 30k+ a week to throw at a player then I'm pretty sure the club would be looking at younger players who we could pay lower wages and a transfer fee for.
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

Yes from me, he's quality. Would like to see him pass on some knowledge and experience to our young midfield. Think it would really help them.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

No from me. We've just got rid of the last journeymen British players - Morison and Sharp - who flopped at ER, a list headed by Noel Hunt that stretches back to Ian Rush and Robbie Fowler.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
new signing
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by new signing »

Id take joey barton the footballer in a heart beat. Joey barton the social media man is a f^cking twat.

If he were to come it would have to be on a vastly reduced wage which he probably isnt interested in and a 1yr contract with the option of a second year. Again i doubt he'd agree to it