Why Leeds United ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Why Leeds United ?

Post by NottinghamWhite »

For me back in the 1960's I was taken decked in red & white by a neighbour to see Sunderland v Leeds in the league cup. I decided there & then that Leeds were the team for me. Why did you choose The Mighty Whites ?
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 130

Re: Why Leeds United ?

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Born in Leeds, bred in Beeston, Dad a mad keen supporter who went on to work for LU. Best team in the land, officially!

Can't think why I'm a Leeds fan :lol:
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

Born in Leeds ! Simples. If I'd been born in London, I'd be a SCUM supporter! :crazy:
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Being born and bred in Sussex, most of my family members are scum fans, I didn`t have the notion to follow suit so It was Billy for me. I was of a similar build to him growing up and used to love the way he played and stood up for himself, then as all Leeds fans know it becomes a passion because of all the kicks in the teeth we`ve had over the years, when we do well it makes it all worth while. Thankfully my lad followed and has that same passion.MOT
southwhite
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by southwhite »

Born in Sunderland but left when i was about 5 yrs old because my Dad was in the Army,
Lived in Germany most of my younger life. I used to get the football magazines
every week even at a young age because all I ever did was play football. It was while
I was looking at the picture's I saw a picture of Billy Bremner and thought blimey he
looks like me Dad !! Even my mates said he did, My Dad and all the family being
Sunderland fans said "don't be daft I'm better looking than him :D From that day I
have followed The mighty whites through all the ups and downs. Take a bit of stick
when I go to Sunderland and see me cousins and family, but who cares !! even went to
Roker Park with the family to watch Leeds, Went up to Newcastle with me cousin to watch
Leeds and nearly got filled in ! ( only because I had my Leeds scarf hanging out me pocket and i was in
the Newcastle end ) cousin wouldn't come to another match with me. Been to
loads of matches over the years, but with my job now its a bit difficult. So the links
that the lads put up on the site do come in handy, so a big thanks ! :clap:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Fortunate choice of parents, both big fans so was taken to ER at a very young age.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

My parents split for just over a year in 68-69 so I stayed a lot with an aunt and uncle. My uncle loved football and although he never said he supported Leeds he always was telling me how great they were and I remember him showing me both black and white & colour pics of leeds players in "Park Drive" football books...

And it's been a roller coaster ever since.

Just did a search and this is the very one I believe. http://www.biblio.com/book/park-drive-b ... AkwJ8P8HAQ

Also funnily enough my uncle didn't smoke, he got the coupons from my dad who smoked easily 40 Park Drive a day.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I was brought up in Morley in Leeds, all my mates supported Leeds, I don't recall anyone supporting any other team in those days. As I got older and footy was on the TV more, I noticed more and more numpties at secondary school and in the neighbourhood supporting the likes of Chelsea, Eh? Liverpool, What The??? And of course ..... Scum??????????????
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Get the kettle on »

I was born in Rothwell (part of Wakefield at the time i think) to parents who had no interest in football (my mum hated the game...). My first love was cricket (i wanted to play for Yorkshire and England, only one thing held me back... the fact that i was crap) though later as i approached my teens i really got the football bug and it bit me hard. I gave all the local sides a chance by following their games on the radio for months but i found myself becoming attatched to LUFC. I swear when i'm cut i bleed Leeds y'know.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Apologies to the members on here who have heard this before....

Grew up in west London, but my parents were from Hull. Even got the amber and black scarf and other paraphernalia as Christmas presents from my uncle.

But in the late 60's, following on from England's World Cup win, at school you had to have a credible football schtick so, assuming my family would approve of all things Yorkshire, I made the switch to LUFC. First match was a 5-0 drubbing of Fulham at new year 1968. Ended up at Leeds University and still wonder how easy it was to casually go to ER on a Saturday afternoon and watch Bremner and Co strut their stuff.

Eventually moved to Derby (YUCH) and had a season ticket until I moved overseas.

Never lost the faith once :D
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....