Value the squad...

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: Value the squad...

Post by Deleted User 728 »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Put it this way, I would put him there before putting Wooton there, and I don't dislike Wooton as a player, he's a better defender than Bellusci.
As DMC you mean ?

I would personally like to see Wootton play at centre-back either as a sub/reserve for Bamba when he eventually gets banned, or in a three if we play that way.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

So, according to http://www.transfermkt, the value of our squad is approximately 21.5 m euros. I estimate that the value of a squad to maintain a mid-table position in the Premiership is about £100m. Not far to go then. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

johnh wrote:So, according to http://www.transfermkt, the value of our squad is approximately 21.5 m euros. I estimate that the value of a squad to maintain a mid-table position in the Premiership is about £100m. Not far to go then. :shock:

I would say that's closer than the value put on the players in this thread.

I'm starting to feel very alone about our squad. Like Murphy, we pay a million for a good league one player, that IMO has struggled and disappointed in the championship, had his wages cut to reflect that, yet he is now worth three million. :crazy:

Who would pay three million for him, a league one club?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nesslin wrote:
johnh wrote:So, according to http://www.transfermkt, the value of our squad is approximately 21.5 m euros. I estimate that the value of a squad to maintain a mid-table position in the Premiership is about £100m. Not far to go then. :shock:

I'm starting to feel very alone about our squad. Like Murphy, we pay a million for a good league one player, that IMO has struggled and disappointed in the championship, had his wages cut to reflect that, yet he is now worth three million. :crazy:

Agree with Neslin on this, some of the figures been banded about would be very difficult to find someone to pay those amounts.

However looking from a different direction we should be considering what it would cost to replace them with better.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
ER92
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by ER92 »

I've based my values on the realistic value that the players could be at next summer, if there were to be Leeds players under contract.
P.S Lewis Cook will be worth 10m minimum by the time he's 20 if he keeps going the way he's going.

Byram - £5m
Cook - £5.2
Taylor - £3m
Mowatt - £2.7m
Silvestri - £1.8m
Berardi - £1.5m
Bellusci - £60 quid - :lol: Joking.. maybe 600k
Cooper - £750k
Murphy - £2.6m
Adeyemi - £2m
Antenucci - £1.2m
Doukara - £500k - Not sure he's even worth 500k.. he belongs in League 2, I must admit.
Dallas - £2m
Wood - £2.5m
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Nesslin wrote:

Why would he go to a League 1 club when he's our best midfielder? Compare to him someone like Cairney at Blackburn, who cost £3m to Fulham, I don't see why he'd cost any less. The days of Championship players costing £500k are long gone. According to the channel 5 football programme yesterday, Championship clubs spent over £100m this summer.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

SG90 wrote:
Nesslin wrote:

Why would he go to a League 1 club when he's our best midfielder? Compare to him someone like Cairney at Blackburn, who cost £3m to Fulham, I don't see why he'd cost any less. The days of Championship players costing £500k are long gone. According to the channel 5 football programme yesterday, Championship clubs spent over £100m this summer.

I didn't say he would go to a league one club, I asked who would pay three million for him.
When you say he is our best midfielder, did you mean to add "on the bench"?, not sure Cook, Mowatt would agree and it doesn't back up your valuations of our squad.
I like to judge a players worth on their merit and not compare with others, or maybe I might think Wood is worth nine million because we got eleven for Ross.
We sometimes have trouble giving our players away, so I don't agree about the 500k.
Yes, Championship clubs are reported to have spent hundred million, this backs up what I have said in other threads, we have improved our squad, but so have many other teams.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

No for me, I'd say he's our best period. Mowatt is far too inconsistent and Cook is still far too inexperienced and does give the ball away a lot. Young players will always cost more money, but it doesn't make them the best players in a team, just my opinion. Usually you're buying for potential rather than right now. It's no coincidence we show more of an attacking threat when Murphy's been on the pitch. If we sold him, then how much would we be looking for a replacement player? £3-4m most likely, so he is worth £3m. I think a lot of Championship clubs would love to have Murphy.
Ted Dansons Wig
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Ted Dansons Wig »

Genuinely struggle to understand the value some are putting on Berardi. PL quality? Not in my book. Distribution dreadful, erratic and likely to give something away at any point. Out of all of them at the back (and I'd say currently Bamba's the best of them) he's the one I get a bad feeling about when he's last man.