Ryan Hall Suspended

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Ryan Hall Suspended

Post by jjrgreeney »

Ryan Hall has been suspended from the club following a disciplinary issue the LUFC official has tweeted....wonder what that is in regards to?
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Ryan Hall Suspended

Post by Sheepy »

probably what he said on twitter.

As I said yesterday, I smell a terminated contract...
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

Sheepy wrote:probably what he said on twitter.

As I said yesterday, I smell a terminated contract...
yeh i thought that could be the case :)

a terminated contract would be the best thing for both, he needs to go play somewhere, we need him of the wage bill. another warnock dead wood signing
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY
#lufc I understand Ryan Hall suspension from the club pending an investigation into a disciplinary issue is due to comments made on twitter.
:clap:
The Johnson

Post by The Johnson »

If this is because of that tweet then I think it is pretty unfair to be honest. He is clearly a lad who is annoyed at not playing and in the climate of most people usually complaining about the 'old guys' who are 'only in it for a pay check' I quite like the fact that he is frustrated because, to me at least, it shows he is just a footballer who wants to play football. If there have been other incidents then fair enough, but if this is just because of that tweet, I think there could have been other ways around this.
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

I doubted whether there were grounds for suspension or termination of contract to be honest, but I'm more than happy to see it looked into and maybe acted upon.

Regardless of age, status, or situation, a footballer basically saying "hey, who needs to play when you get paid anyway, eh? hehe, whatever" says something about their character. I don't think my boss would be best pleased with me calling in sick and then boasting about it being alright cause hey, I still get paid (I know it's not the same situation, but same attitude). Footballers are in such a privileged position and anything of the sort will justly be seen as taking the piss, because commitment is one of the basic things all fans demand.

And it's unlikely it was just him venting frustration as it's not the first faux-pas (remember the "hard work doesn't always get you rewards", or words to that effect a while back?). And then he slept on it (the latest tweet), and came back to justify it all with "football is such a short career and can end at anytime with an injury so do what ever you can to earn as much money as possible". We're not arguing semantics and accuracy here, we're debating his attitude, and there's only one thing that comes through from it, and it's not positive.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Apparently the tweet he made was regarding a 'business venture' in London that he's using to prepare for his future. Looks like he might need it sooner, rather than later. Even then, not mentioning what that tweet was about till later was clearly to get a rise - and then he calls Leeds fans 'small minded'.

Club's chosen a bad day to suspend him though, his son's just gone to hospital.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Pecky10

Post by Pecky10 »

The Johnson wrote:...if this is just because of that tweet, I think there could have been other ways around this.
If the club look as his feed going back they'll probably see more then one tweet which breaches the social media policy. Ross has had a wrist-slap in the past and some of the stuff Hall writes is far worse.

He's had a pop at the manager in public when he went on loan to Sheff Utd so maybe the club has had enough of repeated bad attitude culminating in the tweets about money this week.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Pecky10 wrote:
The Johnson wrote:...if this is just because of that tweet, I think there could have been other ways around this.
If the club look as his feed going back they'll probably see more then one tweet which breaches the social media policy. Ross has had a wrist-slap in the past and some of the stuff Hall writes is far worse.

He's had a pop at the manager in public when he went on loan to Sheff Utd so maybe the club has had enough of repeated bad attitude culminating in the tweets about money this week.
So that's Hall and Morison now, who aren't particularly fond of McDermott. Meh, no great losses.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

Sounds like he won't be getting payed after all.