Who wants to be interviewed then?

A quick questions and answers session for forum members
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: Who wants to be interviewed then?

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

Cheers Zigzag Some good answers there :)

Cheers, some tricky questions there, so here goes

1, Why Leeds?
As I was born & bred in the Dewsbury/Batley area they were my local team, my dad supported them as well, and at the time I became interested in football (early 70s) they were the best team in the country, which did of course made it easier to support them.
2. All time favourite player Leeds or otherwise?
Over the years Ive had many favourite players in the side of the time, any of the great Revie era players, through to Currie, Worthington, McKenzie, Baird, Chapman, Kewell, Bridges, Bowyer, and even Michael Brown. But to pick my all time favourite I would go back to my first favourite player, Sniffer number 8 Allan Clarke.
3.Should the fans have more of a say in the running of the club? (trick question lol)
Tricky. Though I would like to see some form of fan representation on the board I fear that that is a utopian ideal. Its hard enough to get a bunch of fans down the pub to agree on all things football, widen that to a broader fan base and a consensus becomes harder to achieve (particularly as with most things not just football or Leeds I tend to think there is a vocal minority and a silent majority with opposing views), add in an owner, any owner, who has invested £Ms of thier own money and why should they listen to the fans who havent brought as much cash, if any, to the table. Id like it to happen, but can only see pitfalls if it does.
4. Three words to describe how you feel about Leeds?
Joy frustration equally
5. What is your best ever football moment? Leeds or other...
A great many good moments, the first time a caught a volley sweetly and scored a screamer aged about 8, a brilliant goal at school aged about 14 that I can still replay it in my head today, Clarke at Wembley in 1972. But probably my best moments are from the 1991-92 season, I cant define one specifically (ducking the question), but that season has many special memories for me.
6. What team do you hate the most and why?
Can I duck this one too, as Ive grown older Ive lost my hatred for other clubs, in fact as money has increasingly taken over the game Ive lost interest in most of football outside of LUFC, I despise the Premier League and what it has become and I have no interest in it, as a consequence I dont hate any other teams as Im not interested in them.
7. Favourite TV show of all time?
So many to choose from, I wont go for a comedy as my tastes have changed as Ive got older, I do enjoy a good drama and Morse is a contender here, Wacky Races, Scooby Doo, and Blue Peter were unmissable as a kid, but if I have to go for one show that has provided me with entertainment throughout most of my life it would be Match of the Day
8. Who was the first celebrity you had a crush on?
Can I have all of Pans People
9. Girl of your dreams happens to live in Lancashire. Do you 1. Dump her right away 2. Get her up the duff then dump her 3. The war of the roses is over and go for it big time
3) Nothing should get in the way of true love, so if shes seen the light then why not let her enjoy going out with a Yorkshireman, though she would have to move over the Pennines if it were to last
10. Beer Wine Spirits?
In the pub, beer (lager actually), or decent scrumpy cider (luckily I now live in a good cider producing area)
In the garden on a hot summers afternoon listening to TMS, then a G&T goes down well (thats the only spirit Ill entertain)
But my main choice of tipple is a bottle of wine shared with the Mrs watching the telly, I have a fondness for New World wines but am finding reds increasingly disagree with my stomach unfortunatley as I do like a good strong red, so now Im almost exclusively whites and despite its fall from fashion my favourite would be a Chardonnay.

Nice one
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Good to see the interviewing return, thanks to BLF72 to putting the questions forward and Zigzag for his great answers :clap:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Yeah enjoyed that...oh, and I married a Lancashire lass!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just read that brilliant interview over a cup of coffee :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
BigLeedsFan72

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

dlw10 wrote:Yeah enjoyed that...oh, and I married a Lancashire lass!
We are Dirty Leeds and some people find that attractive lol My Girl is a Liverpoo fan so we are in a similar boat :)
BigLeedsFan72

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

OK who is next? Don't be shy ... :lol: :roll:
BigLeedsFan72

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

Come on guys do I need to interview myself? :)
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

BigLeedsFan72 wrote:Come on guys do I need to interview myself? :)
Go on then mate, I'll have a go. Be patient with me though.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
BigLeedsFan72

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

No worries BB will pm you the questions soon. Have fun with it :thumbup:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

BigLeedsFan72 wrote:No worries BB will pm you the questions soon. Have fun with it :thumbup:
Ok mate, fire away. Going to have a good think about them though, so as mentioned be patient.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.