Ryan Hall Suspended

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Ryan Hall Suspended

Post by SMorientes »

dlw10 wrote: Can't agree with that first line. Warnock employed Diouf after a long chat when both parties appologised for previous words and actions. It is a bit like saying you should never employ a convicted criminal once he has served his sentence! Everyone deserves a second chance once the price is paid. Diouf was also a great player for us last year and may well be again if given the opportunity. Sure, he has made the odd miscalculation while with us - the infamous "man handling" springs to mind. But even so. If someone is constant trouble you do have to let them go and there are transgressions that are unforgiveable (drug taking in sport) but on Diouf I think he was well worth his second chnce
Completely agree. People deserve a chance to prove they've grown, Diouf made mistakes in his earlier career, but there are much worse types in the game that've done much worse than him. Since he's been at Leeds, everyone has reported that he's been very professional and a great player to have in the squad and influence the younger players. The only trouble there's been with him is him grabbing his crotch against Brighton, which to be honest, I still fail to see what all the fuss was about. It was mildly amusing and hardly offensive. Michael Jackson did it all the time when he was dancing!
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

dlw10 wrote:
Mellor wrote:We employ Diouf. The day we signed him was the day the club ceded the right to the high moral high ground (IMO). I trust he moves on at seasons end.
Hall is disposable. Made a fool of himself on twitter (assuming this is the offence).

Ross is (apparently) essential. Made an even bigger fool of himself on twitter (IMO).

I really hope we are not about to see LUFC enter the world of double standards previously occupied by the likes of Liverpool (Suarez), any club (Barton), England (Shearer) etc.

The club should keep all players off twitter - they all (almost without exception) embarrass themselves and the club at some point.

Young lad sees his dream collapsing and makes stupid remark. He's been tweeting for months. No surprise he said sommat daft in the end.

Hall's done wrong but others have done worse. Ritual hanging to be avoided. Bloke's just collateral damage from a shocking managerial appointment.
Can't agree with that first line. Warnock employed Diouf after a long chat when both parties appologised for previous words and actions. It is a bit like saying you should never employ a convicted criminal once he has served his sentence! Everyone deserves a second chance once the price is paid. Diouf was also a great player for us last year and may well be again if given the opportunity. Sure, he has made the odd miscalculation while with us - the infamous "man handling" springs to mind. But even so. If someone is constant trouble you do have to let them go and there are transgressions that are unforgiveable (drug taking in sport) but on Diouf I think he was well worth his second chnce
Everybody does deserve a second chance (Hall for one) - depends what you've done mindst. Diouf happens to have had a skip load. A constant reminder of our lowest ebb. Warnock and Diouf. Hopefully both will be history next season. Hall's crime - naivity (unless there's more to come out). Hall just seems like a soft target?
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

Mellor wrote:
dlw10 wrote:
Mellor wrote:We employ Diouf. The day we signed him was the day the club ceded the right to the high moral high ground (IMO). I trust he moves on at seasons end.
Hall is disposable. Made a fool of himself on twitter (assuming this is the offence).

Ross is (apparently) essential. Made an even bigger fool of himself on twitter (IMO).

I really hope we are not about to see LUFC enter the world of double standards previously occupied by the likes of Liverpool (Suarez), any club (Barton), England (Shearer) etc.

The club should keep all players off twitter - they all (almost without exception) embarrass themselves and the club at some point.

Young lad sees his dream collapsing and makes stupid remark. He's been tweeting for months. No surprise he said sommat daft in the end.

Hall's done wrong but others have done worse. Ritual hanging to be avoided. Bloke's just collateral damage from a shocking managerial appointment.
Can't agree with that first line. Warnock employed Diouf after a long chat when both parties appologised for previous words and actions. It is a bit like saying you should never employ a convicted criminal once he has served his sentence! Everyone deserves a second chance once the price is paid. Diouf was also a great player for us last year and may well be again if given the opportunity. Sure, he has made the odd miscalculation while with us - the infamous "man handling" springs to mind. But even so. If someone is constant trouble you do have to let them go and there are transgressions that are unforgiveable (drug taking in sport) but on Diouf I think he was well worth his second chnce
Everybody does deserve a second chance (Hall for one) - depends what you've done mindst. Diouf happens to have had a skip load. A constant reminder of our lowest ebb. Warnock and Diouf. Hopefully both will be history next season. Hall's crime - naivity (unless there's more to come out). Hall just seems like a soft target?

difference is diouf has come up with the goods on the pitch and in training and from the looks hall has done neither. regardless of his crime he should be showing it in training and banging on the managers door for a chance not putting petty tweets out
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

jjrgreeney wrote:
Mellor wrote:
dlw10 wrote:

difference is diouf has come up with the goods on the pitch and in training and from the looks hall has done neither. regardless of his crime he should be showing it in training and banging on the managers door for a chance not putting petty tweets out
How can he do it in training if he isn't good enough, as seems likely? Is there any suggestion that he hasn't tried to impress!

Ross got worse the more he tweeted. Post contract he was mostly a weak link. Good game Saturday fortunately.

Will agree to differ on Diouf's contribution to our efforts. Not sure what kind of wage he's on but the manager clearly doesn't think a great deal of him so, like Hall, it's too much. Not a lot of game time. For me the manager took against him when he lost it on the crutch issue - not much in itself but an unnecessary reminder of the bloke's personality - and of course he sees that no team with Diouf in it will ever move from defence to attack at speed. Goal 4 on Sunday impossible with Diouf involved I think. Looking back to players like Diouf - a bloke who has wasted his talent - was never the way to build a team for the future.

Anyway, my point remains, anyone who can stomach Diouf shouldn't find it too difficult to live with Hall's small (at this stage) misdemeanour. Ask any footballer what the worst crime is - they'll all answer spitting not tweeting.

Interesting to see how it unravels now. Hall will be down the road at some point I expect.
attacco decente
Spiderman
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Spiderman »

Billy Bremner had a serious attitude problem, Don made him captain & he grew up.
Vinnie Jones had a seriuos disciplinary record until he came to Leeds.
Cantona got drunk & peed against someone's door, wouldn't take the punishment so Wilko rightly showed him the exit, He went to scum & drop kicked a Palace fan, wouldn't take the punishment so flew back to France, Fergie followed him & gave him a massive pay rise.
Ryan Hall had a reputation but NW thought he could work with it,obviously Brian McD doesn't feel that Hall has got the talent to be worked with.
When Hall came to us he admitted that he needed to grow up a bit, was that just saying what wanted to be heard?
There are bad boys in football & sometimes they are very talented so managers are prepared to overlook their frailties.
There are also less talented players getting big money but showing bad attitude.

We don't know all the facts yet compare players publicised indiscretions, managers are human & whilst they may accept a bit of lip from an older established player they may not so readily accept it from a very junior unproven player.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I think I read somewhere that Cantona was voted the best Scum player ever, above Bobby Charlton and George Best, it still rankles with me that we let him leave, it was obvious he was a top quality player and he turned out to be even better than that.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

It really does feel like it's ok to overlook indiscretion when the player is crucial but sensible to use indiscretion as a tool to dismiss when the player is disposable?

As expected the PFA has now arrived from PaddyPower. These things never end happily.

Wilko for me is 10 times the man Fergie is. Obviously Fergie is the more successful manager but Wilko has his integrity intact. Fergie currently making himself look a bigger fool than usual as he views the world through the jaundiced eyes of an egotist. Bet Mrs F is pleased to see him spending more time around the house. If Moyes fails I dare say he'll blame Keane. He certainly won't blame the Glazers or the complete absence of a midfield he left his successor :D
attacco decente
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Mellor wrote:It really does feel like it's ok to overlook indiscretion when the player is crucial but sensible to use indiscretion as a tool to dismiss when the player is disposable?

As expected the PFA has now arrived from PaddyPower. These things never end happily.

Wilko for me is 10 times the man Fergie is. Obviously Fergie is the more successful manager but Wilko has his integrity intact. Fergie currently making himself look a bigger fool than usual as he views the world through the jaundiced eyes of an egotist. Bet Mrs F is pleased to see him spending more time around the house. If Moyes fails I dare say he'll blame Keane. He certainly won't blame the Glazers or the complete absence of a midfield he left his successor :D
There's a lot wrong there which is nice, an ageing defence, poor midfield, I have said before every man and his dog knew this, but Moyes didn't buy and he now has to struggle, but ..... With £100 million to spend I don't think it will last long.

Fergie has always had a nasty side to him and his ex players are feeling his final bit of wrath, lol.

As for Wilko letting Cantona go ...... It was the worst transfer out in history. :thumbdown:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Aces wrote:
Mellor wrote:It really does feel like it's ok to overlook indiscretion when the player is crucial but sensible to use indiscretion as a tool to dismiss when the player is disposable?

There's a lot wrong there which is nice, an ageing defence, poor midfield, I have said before every man and his dog knew this, but Moyes didn't buy and he now has to struggle, but ..... With £100 million to spend I don't think it will last long.

Fergie has always had a nasty side to him and his ex players are feeling his final bit of wrath, lol.

As for Wilko letting Cantona go ...... It was the worst transfer out in history. :thumbdown:
Had he stayed it would have ended in tears I expect. A catalyst for many things Eric.
attacco decente
Pecky10

Post by Pecky10 »

And there was me thinking this thread was about Ryan Hall :D

Pretty sure there's a whole nother thread about the impending demise (or success) of Man Ure elsewhere ;)