So whats your take on the goal?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: So whats your take on the goal?

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sheepy wrote:
Judge Fredd wrote:I hate to see cowards/thugs on any team and I'm not wanting to cause offense but Leeds has one such player. SW seem to have two or three of them, tho.
Who is ours?

Thug is not the right word for David Batty, I would prefer, hard but fair, and I would have a team of him.
My money is on Bellusci......
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I know who my money would be on as the mystery culprit :P
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Bellusci? He wouldn't last 5 minutes in most high schools in Leeds. Especially when he has given himself a nickname like 'warrior'.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Sheepy wrote:Bellusci? He wouldn't last 5 minutes in most high schools in Leeds. Especially when he has given himself a nickname like 'warrior'.
JF called him a coward and a thug, whoever they mean, which isn't the same as meaning they're tough.

Not sure what David Batty is mentioned for :)
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Sheffield Wednesday had eleven players on the pitch when we scored. The goal should have stood and the ref should have booked the SW player who was strolling off. It was entirely SW's fault that they didn't complete the sub in time.
I once played against Don Revie.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Dermott Gallagher the ex Ref said on sky sports, that the decision was correct, because the Ref incorrectly allowed the corner to be taken, thinking the Wednesday player had substituted. I wasn't happy with it at all and I still aren't, but it appears the Ref was only doing his job, after ballsing up in the first place.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

johnh wrote:Sheffield Wednesday had eleven players on the pitch when we scored. The goal should have stood and the ref should have booked the SW player who was strolling off. It was entirely SW's fault that they didn't complete the sub in time.
that makes more sense to me than those saying it was right to disallow it. I hereby retract my earlier agreement :lol: