How many matches have you won for Leeds Utd?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
reinhardbeck
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

How many matches have you won for Leeds Utd?

Post by reinhardbeck »

I'm only asking because persoanlly I've won loads. I've lost count of how many times I (single handedly) won the FA. One in particular stands out. It was against Man Utd. They were winning 1-0 and there were only minutes to go. Were we going to loose? not with me on the pitch! Like I said, there were only minutes to go and Man Utd had already assumed they had won and were just passing the ball among themselves running down the clock. Unfortunately for them they hadn't taken my brilliance into account. I think it was Sadler who tried to pass it to one of his team mates standing in the middle of the pitch when I intercepted the pass and sprinted forward with the ball at my feet with only Stephney to beat. I heard a defender run after me but I knew it was too late for him to catch me. He lunged forward and clipped my heel. I stumbled and fell and slid along the ground on my knees before lifting myself up again and sticking a foot out to prod the ball past the keeper. What a Goal! WHAT A GOAL!
And the winner? Oh I'm sure you must have seen that one as well when they show highlights of past finals. I was on the touchline surrounded by defenders and there was no way past them. I couldn't even pass it to anyone. So, I flicked the ball up onto my toes, then my knee and then I bounced it up to my head and balancing the ball on my head I started to run towards the Man Utd goal weaving my way past the bemused defenders and as Stephney came out to grab it from my forehead I headed it over him, ran around him, and caught the ball on my head again and then walked it into the goal. Everyone says it was the greatest goal ever scored.

And as for the European Cup...well, you should have seen me. I was brilliant, especially that penalty that won the final against Real Madrid.
It was in the 90th min. I'd been tripped. It was a definate pen. Their goalie tried to put me off but I was having none of it. I calmly placed the ball on the spot and took six paces back. Still, the goalie tried to put me off by protesting to the ref that the ball wasn't on the spot. He said I was cheating! So I walked forward again picked up the ball and threw the ball to him, "ok mate. You put it on the spot for me!" that shut him up! Finally we were ready. I was ready. the ref was ready. Their goalie was ready (sort of) although he was jumping around on the goal line waving his arms about trying to put me off. So you know what I did? I simply pointed to his bottom left - that's where I was going to plce the ball. The keeper looked baffled and then worried. The ref blew his whistle. I pointed to the bottom left of the goal again. Was I bluffling?
He thought I must be. I ran up to the ball and struck it cleanly, hard and low. The keeper dived to his right...only to see the ball roll past him into the bottom left of his goal. Even the Real Madrid players applauded that one...and so did the crowd. That's how brilliant it was.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: How many matches have you won for Leeds Utd?

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Lose

not loose ;)
cornishone
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by cornishone »

huh?
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

Won with vivid imagination or FM?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

With 'Stephney' in goal though, is it a Retro edition I wonder.