Tour De France

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
ashingtonleeds
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: Tour De France

Post by ashingtonleeds »

Congratulations to all concerned. Even though the riders were past in seconds it was a brilliant day.The crowds were amazing & some of the field art & decorations were
great - witty & funny too. Shame about Cav though.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Another cracking finish today, Kittel looks unbeatable in a sprint finish and his lead out train is the best in the peloton I think. More big crowds but London didn't match up to Yorkshire for me nor was the scenery through Cambridgshire and Essex comparable. But a superb 3 days all in all. The atmosphere in the fan park and on the roadside on Saturday was magnificent.

We have a lot to be proud of in Britain and Froome leaves for a France in good shape. A similar, relatively easy stage tomorrow, and then it's stage 5 and the cobbles where anything can happen. Looking like I'll be a couch potato now through July. I find the whole event irresistible.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

View from Blackstone reservoir, there was a great crowd there, they had a decent view albeit from about 400 yards away. Well worth the effort for those that made it.

Leaders

main Peleton

A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Fantastic pictures :thumbup:

Enjoyed today's first stage in France. Froome off, bandaged on the move including some kind of wrist splint, straight to hospital for an x-Ray and back on the bike tomorrow. 10 miles on the cobbles will test Froome for sure. Can't wait. Kittel looks untouchable in the sprints (sadly). What an amazing event.
attacco decente
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Froome is out injured, do we have anyone else left??
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Carnage on the cobbles of france today and they missed out 2 sections of cobbles as well, so instead of 9 sections there were only 7 due to the wet weather.

Geriant Jones is the only british rider left in team sky.
ashingtonleeds
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by ashingtonleeds »

I wonder what Mr Wiggins thinks.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

No, if you mean British contenders. Sky had no plan B, that would have involved selecting Wiggins. Their team leader now will be Porte who's an Aussie, a smashing bike rider but not quite good enough I suspect, he's 1 minute 54 seconds behind the race leader but well ahead of the favourite, Contador.

An epic days racing today in the rain and across several sections of cobbles in Northern France. The winner, Lars Boom, is a world cyclocross champion - it showed. The riders looked like my old grandad when he came home from the pit at the end of the race - black faces, white eyes.

The current leader, Vincenzo Nibali, is Italian. I imagine Cellino's behind his success ;)

Cycling is a phenomenally tough sport. In the rain and across the cobbles the stage winner still covered just shy of 100 miles in about 3 hours 20 minutes. By my reckoning that's almost 30 mph. Amazing athletes in an amazing sport.
attacco decente
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

Mellor wrote:No, if you mean British contenders. Sky had no plan B, that would have involved selecting Wiggins. Their team leader now will be Porte who's an Aussie, a smashing bike rider but not quite good enough I suspect, he's 1 minute 54 seconds behind the race leader but well ahead of the favourite, Contador.

An epic days racing today in the rain and across several sections of cobbles in Northern France. The winner, Lars Boom, is a world cyclocross champion - it showed. The riders looked like my old grandad when he came home from the pit at the end of the race - black faces, white eyes.

The current leader, Vincenzo Nibali, is Italian. I imagine Cellino's behind his success ;)

Cycling is a phenomenally tough sport. In the rain and across the cobbles the stage winner still covered just shy of 100 miles in about 3 hours 20 minutes. By my reckoning that's almost 30 mph. Amazing athletes in an amazing sport.
great post, please fill us in with more along the way :clap:
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

My Mrs thinks I'm decorating the bathroom ;)
attacco decente