negative feeling

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
18longleeds
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: negative feeling

Post by 18longleeds »

Not been on much , because of all this negativity, I won't go round slagging anyone off for feeling like it, I'm willing to give the team a chance and assess it after the first 10 games. Don't know how it can be written off before a ball has been kicked.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Nesslin wrote: Careful though if you express your feelings that are negative, you might just get half pint pictures posted and members who post 20 times a day for the last year mocking you.

What's happened to this forum :yawn:
This is starting to annoy me, I don't think anyone has imposed any opinions on anyone nor mocked anyone for how they feel.

If someone feels negative about the season then that's how they feel,there is nothing wrong with someone trying to point out a few positives to cheer them, this post is probably actually asking for just that - almost a cry for help for someone to cheer them up and try and make them feel a bit more positive about the new season.

I don't see what's wrong with that. If someone feels down about it then fair enough, after the 10 years we have had who can blame them, but that said, after the 10 years we have had who can blame anyone for hoping for the best and hoping for a change of fortunes!
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

Sheepy wrote:
Nesslin wrote: Careful though if you express your feelings that are negative, you might just get half pint pictures posted and members who post 20 times a day for the last year mocking you.

This is starting to annoy me, I don't think anyone has imposed any opinions on anyone nor mocked anyone for how they feel.

If someone feels negative about the season then that's how they feel,there is nothing wrong with someone trying to point out a few positives to cheer them, this post is probably actually asking for just that - almost a cry for help for someone to cheer them up and try and make them feel a bit more positive.

I don't see what's wrong with that. If someone feels down about it then fair enough, after the 10 years we have had who can blame them, but that said, after the 10 years we have had who can blame anyone for hoping for the best and hoping for a change of fortunes!
Here here Sheepy :thumbup:
Couldn't agree more- now get your Fantasy team sorted matey :wave: :lol:
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
RamseyWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by RamseyWhite »

18longleeds wrote:Not been on much , because of all this negativity, I won't go round slagging anyone off for feeling like it, I'm willing to give the team a chance and assess it after the first 10 games. Don't know how it can be written off before a ball has been kicked.
Agree with that, lets give all our new intakes a chance & then see if we are likely to make some progress before the negativity kicks in. :yawn:
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Nobody is mocking anyone, I think we all are a little apprehensive over whether the new signings will hack it in the championship. I saw them against Dundee and was really impressed with them, but that was a friendly. It's anyone's right to feel however they want, but fairs, fair, we already have a few new players, with possibly another quality on paper huge CB signing tomorrow in Sorenson and still more to come, probably a quality striker, so ....... On the face of it, there's plenty to feel a little optimistic about IMO. It might all go wrong, but if the team start to really struggle and we are near the bottom, I have no doubt Cellino will bring in better players fairly quickly. The other teams at the bottom are unlikely to be in that position.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I also am on the negative train. A megalomaniac running the club a man that makes Bates look like a good guy :shifty: We sell our best player for shed loads of money & all we have done is invest in sub standard players. There are certain posters on here that need to smell the coffee.
I haven't seen anyone on here who thinks we are going to well this year, in fact most think we will hover near mid table. He sold McCormack for a huge fee because he asked for a transfer, would anyone on here not have done the same in his position? I feel if anyone remotely says anything good about the new players, or Cellino, we are being labeled as Cellino lovers, or being over optimistic, but like I said, I've yet to read anyone thinking we will be anywhere near the play offs.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Jeeez, take your foot off and change down a gear, eh ? :o :evil: :thumbdown: :wtf: :shh:

That picture was just a bit of fun demonstrating how some people feel ... in other words, like the cartoon suggested, I was taking the p**s ...

Can't everyone chill the f**k out ?
It's getting ridiculous now ... it's only opinions and we're all entitled to one.

FACT: optimists DO live longer, though ... scientific research has proved it. Worth bearing in mind.

ANOTHER FACT: last week I filled in that prediction thing for the inter-forum league with other clubs. I put us down to be about 17th or 18th I think ... pretty negative for such a normally upbeat person as me, wouldn't you say ?? Well, I was quite pessimistic then but the turnaround in signings has been astonishing since then and now I wish I'd said 7th or 8th !
However, having said all that I actually think we'll get off to a slow start because the suddenly inflated squad will need time to gel. I just hope the boo boys don't get on The Hock's back immediately ...
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

rigger wrote:

Jeeez, take your foot off and change down a gear, eh ? :o :evil: :thumbdown: :wtf: :shh:

That picture was just a bit of fun demonstrating how some people feel ... in other words, like the cartoon suggested, I was taking the p**s ...

Can't everyone chill the f**k out ?
It's getting ridiculous now ... it's only opinions and we're all entitled to one.

FACT: optimists DO live longer, though ... scientific research has proved it. Worth bearing in mind.

ANOTHER FACT: last week I filled in that prediction thing for the inter-forum league with other clubs. I put us down to be about 17th or 18th I think ... pretty negative for such a normally upbeat person as me, wouldn't you say ?? Well, I was quite pessimistic then but the turnaround in signings has been astonishing since then and now I wish I'd said 7th or 8th !
However, having said all that I actually think we'll get off to a slow start because the suddenly inflated squad will need time to gel. I just hope the boo boys don't get on The Hock's back immediately ...
Rigger - thanks for posting the cartoon - I don't remember ever seeing that before and i nearly pi**** myself! Funniest thing I've seen in ages!

As to the debate - I am a football fan, and you know what, I cannot go into the first game of the season, any season, without dreaming that this is the one we will win the league. Call that what you will, but for me it is what league football is all about. Do I think we WILL win the league? I have no flippin idea - I might have a better idea on Saturday night although even I know win, lose or draw anything can happen. As you say optimists live longer so I'm going all out on the optimistic front!
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

NottinghamWhite wrote: There are certain posters on here that need to smell the coffee.
The ones who need to smell the coffee are the ones who are constantly slagging off Cellino.

They don't seem to understand that if Cellino's takeover had been unsuccessful then we would now be in financial meltdown.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

dlw10 wrote: ... this is the one we will win the league ...
I'm with you on this : doesn't everyone think like that at the start of each season ?
Otherwise, what's the point ?

Why bother following football at all ..?