My favourite lufc goal .

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Daniel LUFC
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Re: Bored of protests ? My favourite lufc goal .

Post by Daniel LUFC »

Johnson vs arsenal fa cup 2011 screamer.
Deleted User 2747

Re: Bored of protests ? My favourite lufc goal .

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Great goal, nice idea, shame the thread title has to be 'against' other Leeds fans.

Ditto that! A completely unecessary dig. This is usually a forum of mutual tolerance, I for one can't wait for all of this niggling to pass and for this to return to being a pleasant and safe place to come to.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: My favourite lufc goal .

Post by Selby White »

Fair point Frankie/ANS I've edited the original heading to Simply "My Favourite Lufc Goal".

Enough threads about protests, etc. Let's talk football nothing like a collection of great goals.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

As Tony Currie was one of my favourite players in my younger days, his goal (banana kick) vs Southampton in the late 70's was a good one!!!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Mr Russell wrote:As Tony Currie was one of my favourite players in my younger days, his goal (banana kick) vs Southampton in the late 70's was a good one!!!
Tell me it's not memory playing tricks but remember him getting a cracker at Highbury, Liam Brady got a beauty for them in same match I think.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Daniel LUFC wrote:Johnson vs arsenal fa cup 2011 screamer.
Good call was a corker :thumbup:
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Selby White wrote:Fair point Frankie/ANS I've edited the original heading to Simply "My Favourite Lufc Goal".

Enough threads about protests, etc. Let's talk football nothing like a collection of great goals.
Sounds good to me! :D

One of my favourite goals was in the European Champion's League, it was scored directly from a corner and I can't remember the details, it was maybe Smith or more likely Bowyer that scored it - it was a fluke! Also Alan Smith's first ever goal for Leeds against Liverpool. And of course Beckford's goal against Man U in the FA cup!
Last edited by Deleted User 2747 on 20 Feb 2016, 12:25, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Selby White wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:As Tony Currie was one of my favourite players in my younger days, his goal (banana kick) vs Southampton in the late 70's was a good one!!!
Tell me it's not memory playing tricks but remember him getting a cracker at Highbury, Liam Brady got a beauty for them in same match I think.
They both did score in a 2-2 draw at the opening game of that season at Highbury (78/79) where Currie did score (can't tell you if it was a cracker) but have seen Brady's one which was a nice one (was in the top 6 goals of that season), on you-tube.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

For me, Beckford v Bristol Rovers, Beckford v Man U and Howson v Carlisle.
I'm sure there have been many better goals scored but those three really got me up and about for obvious reasons.
Austin v Huddersfield last season is one that will stay with me forever. It was my first match day experience at Elland Road and everything from the walk to the ground to the train ride back that night was electric.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Gosh all you kids there's only one winner & that's Eddie against Burnley was proud to be in the scratching shed that glorious afternoon :D
Winner of the Europa League