More bad press ..

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: More bad press ..

Post by Another Northern Soul »

rigger wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:Rigger, I care too, I was referring to not caring about what the cranks say or do any more. This is all indefensible behaviour but blimey, there's been so much indefensible behaviour by that family members and their cronies that I really don't care any more because there are people who readily defend EVERYTHING those disgraces do.
Okay, mate - I thought that's what you meant :thumbup:

Any human being should be disgusted by those comments, whether they support Leeds, Man U or whoever ..

There's just no need for calling someone that.

I use the "F" and "C" word a lot but I'm with Stephen Fry in celebrating English's wonderful range of expletives - more than any other language on the planet - especially when they're used creatively in new and gloriously insulting combinations, but to call someone a (The person writing this used an offensive word) is a just lazy, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breather special.

I wish we could just write to Cellino and tell him what we think, but what's the point ?

I can't believe how much I've grown to loathe the guy in the last week :wtf:
I know mate, I know.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

I assume that Nesslin and Rigger are one hundred percent certain that the extracts they have posted are genuine.

There is so much fake material being posted on social media at present that I certainly wouldn't want to take the risk.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

MOT1964 wrote:I assume that Nesslin and Rigger are one hundred percent certain that the extracts they have posted are genuine.

There is so much fake material being posted on social media at present that I certainly wouldn't want to take the risk.
neither have taken a risk, they have posted quotes taken from social media, and the Malice article was written from them too.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

MOT1964 wrote:I assume that Nesslin and Rigger are one hundred percent certain that the extracts they have posted are genuine.

This is from The Guardian, not social media.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

rigger wrote:

This is from The Guardian, not social media.
I'm referring to the facebook extract, not The Guardian article.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

What risk are you meaning, MOT1964?
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Seems fairly mild to what I've seen on WACCOE, not that it's right, it isn't. Social media appears to be almost lawless and almost anything goes, especially on the anti Cellino Leeds forum, where I've seen the most sick and depraved comments imagineable posted on there about Cellino and his family, plus at other Leeds fans. I find it an embarrassment to Leeds United and for me, there's no place in society for such horridness and the same goes for what the Italian loons sons have done also.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

All trolls and WUM's and cyber warriors are generally weird cranks, there's no denying or getting away from that, but none of them are DIRECTORS of our football club.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

No. I'm not 100% sure because I wasn't next to him at the time. What risk wouldn't you want to take?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sports ... -fans.html
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

I think you'd have to see the whole conversation to judge just how bad this was. I'm not defending his son, what he said was immature and totally out of order but I can't believe there wasn't some equally horrible provocation. I know he should rise above it, but he is a hot headed young man, and we all make errors of judgement when we are that age. He's apologised, so one can only assume, he has had a bollocking from his Dad. Or are we assuming Massimo sanctioned the nasty comments?

It's disgraceful but let's not make mountains out of molehills - he's made a mistake, he's made himself look bad, he's embarrassed his dad - that's punishment enough isn't it?
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”