Ross McCormack named captain

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Ross McCormack named captain

Post by 1964white »

At last McDermott has seen the light :lol:

Get rid of him, there'll be plenty of L1/L2 clubs interested in this lump of lard
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

1964white wrote:At last McDermott has seen the light :lol:

Get rid of him, there'll be plenty of L1/L2 clubs interested in this lump of lard
That's a bit harsh. I've been critical of him since he first touched the ball in a gme, as it was clear that he was not good on the ball. But lump of lard :shock:
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Austin asked - he was not stripped, according to BM. Needs to get back to enjoying his football, apparently.

Another x on the debit side of the equation for BM. Austin was a poor choice.

The Ross conundrum remains though. Can only play in a two which leaves midfield (or defence) light. Larry and Colin gave up in the end. BM still chipping away. I wish him well. Will probably define our season.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I think it's fine.
It sounds like they've had a big pow-wow, shared a few home truths and maybe Rudy himself said he didn't enjoy the responsibility ?
Who knows what happened behind the scenes, but I do think he needs at least one game off.
I'm hoping in the same meeting the likes of Green, Norris, Varney and Diouf weighed in ... otherwise, get shot. If we can :wtf:
SMorientes

Post by SMorientes »

Strange how captaincy can affect players. Peltier seemed really weighed down by the armband last season I thought, looked revigourated to have been relieved of it this year. Austin started the season well after just being given it but has started to slump under the responsibility. Howson however always seemed enhanced by it, as did Naylor. Time will tell how our lovable #44 will cope.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

At the risk of droning on about it, the role of team captain isn't that important any more. And if Austin really has requested this change then I personally admire him for it, at least he hasn't gone home complaining of stress or retired in a flood of tears at a press conference. He has been pretty dire in too many games this season but there have been worse, Zaliukas a prime example last week. If I were the boss I would tell Austin to stick to the basics, particularly keep in position. I think he will come good again, especially if the captaincy has affected his confidence etc.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Every cloud has a silver lining, Diouf encouraged to seek another club.

I don't think he was at the meeting, trauma at the local WI apparently. Diouf had to be there.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

SMorientes wrote:Strange how captaincy can affect players. Peltier seemed really weighed down by the armband last season I thought, looked revigourated to have been relieved of it this year. Austin started the season well after just being given it but has started to slump under the responsibility. Howson however always seemed enhanced by it, as did Naylor. Time will tell how our lovable #44 will cope.
The trouble in my opinion with Howson, Peltier and Austin they just aren't vocal on the field. To me a captain is a player who gives players a piece of his mind when they make mistakes. As you say it'll be interesting how Ross copes with his new responsibility.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
SMorientes wrote:Strange how captaincy can affect players. Peltier seemed really weighed down by the armband last season I thought, looked revigourated to have been relieved of it this year. Austin started the season well after just being given it but has started to slump under the responsibility. Howson however always seemed enhanced by it, as did Naylor. Time will tell how our lovable #44 will cope.
The trouble in my opinion with Howson, Peltier and Austin they just aren't vocal on the field. To me a captain is a player who gives players a piece of his mind when they make mistakes. As you say it'll be interesting how Ross copes with his new responsibility.
and for me Kenny would be best suited to this but he's a keeper..........
SMorientes

Post by SMorientes »

NottinghamWhite wrote: To me a captain is a player who gives players a piece of his mind when they make mistakes.
I feel like Ross will do that, only I get the impression he will be blaming people rather than encouraging. Destructive more than constructive.
But what do I know. :D
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."