Ross McCormack named captain

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Ross McCormack named captain

Post by Sheepy »

Fair play to Austin if he has held his hands up and admitted he can't handle the role. And fair play to BMcD for acknowledging the short fall and addressing it. Something Warnock was reluctant to do with Pelts last year.

We could find negatives with this news, but there are also positives so I'll focus on them. After a 6-0 defeat the club could bury its head in the sand, but at very least they are doing something about it.

Good luck to Ross, I wish him the best in his new role.
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:To me a captain is a player who gives players a piece of his mind when they make mistakes.
The only person I ever seeing do that is Kenny. I'm old school and prefer the skipper to be at the back or in the middle so he can see all before and around him but my top candidate, Mr Z had a shocker on Saturday (although I don't think he was any worse than Austin) so hardly the time to be doffing it in his direction.

Credit for Austin though to recognise that it's not helping him, let's hope it has a positive effect on Ross :thumbup:
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

Sheepy wrote:Fair play to Austin if he has held his hands up and admitted he can't handle the role. And fair play to BMcD for acknowledging the short fall and addressing it. Something Warnock was reluctant to do with Pelts last year.

We could find negatives with this news, but there are also positives so I'll focus on them. After a 6-0 defeat the club could bury its head in the sand, but at very least they are doing something about it.

Fair play to Austin :roll: three months too late in my opinion.....he probably got the message from our fans at the end of the Wendies when he tried to muscle in on the applause for McCormack, he was sent back to the tunnel with his tail between his legs

Worst Leeds captain ever :x
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

How many goals were attributable to Austin on Saturday, Pecky? :P

I also am 'old school' re captains, not that I think it matters that much now.

These are all professionals who get paid very good money and who have reached a very respectable level in their careers, other than the kids in the team, I honestly do not see any captain these days having much influence on how a player plays. Every professional worth his place has shown some degree of leadership qualities and tough attitude to get where they've got to. I really think that it takes someone very special to be a captain and to be able to influence teammates to raise their game if things aren't going brilliantly, or to never give in even when everything seems to be going against them. Much as I hated them as players, I thought Roy Keane was a good captain, and Bryan Robson for England. Struggling to think of any ones these days who look like great leaders tbh.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Terry.

Note the link, they don't care whether anyone like's them or not. They just rock 'n' roll.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

1964white wrote:
Sheepy wrote:Fair play to Austin if he has held his hands up and admitted he can't handle the role. And fair play to BMcD for acknowledging the short fall and addressing it. Something Warnock was reluctant to do with Pelts last year.

Fair play to Austin :roll: three months too late in my opinion.....he probably got the message from our fans at the end of the Wendies when he tried to muscle in on the applause for McCormack, he was sent back to the tunnel with his tail between his legs

Yeah, much worse than Kevin Nicholls...
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Sheepy wrote:
1964white wrote:

Yeah, much worse than Kevin Nicholls...
Are you physic Sheepy, I was just on Wiki looking at the very same tosser..... trying to figure out Riggers player clue.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Mellor wrote:Terry.

Note the link, they don't care whether anyone like's them or not. They just rock 'n' roll.
Hmm. I see where you're coming from by naming him but I'm not sure about him. As a player, when he is/was good, he was exceptional, but there is plenty of criticism against him just as a decent person and that's why I have my doubts about his leadership qualities. I mean, who wants to follow his example? I think you'll know what I'm babbling on about :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

HAHA ! :D

I'm like Sauron ... my influence is everywhere !

Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Austin has not been great, but jeez, lets not get too dramatic, to say he is the worst Leeds captain ever is not only harsh but wildly inaccurate.

Kevin Nicholls and Mark Aizlewood were much worse.