Are Steve Evans' days numbered and should they be?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: Are Steve Evans' days numbered and should they be?

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Selby White wrote:Irrespective of Cellino or whoever is in charge of the Club I want someone that will take us back to the Prem.

Find it sad and depressing that some fans actually appear to want us to fail. For me the football and not the politics are the important thing.
Leeds fans wanting Leeds United to fail? Sorry, what?
Mickeyzee
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Mickeyzee »

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP 1m1 minute ago
Darrell Clarke in firm contention for Leeds job after club make formal approach to Bristol Rovers:
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-7927558
It's only a game love?! Shut up you daft woman....
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Hope Clarke takes the job. If he's got what it takes to succeed here, he will. A young, up and coming manager who plays attractive football is exactly what MC said he wanted and suits me down to the ground. Old guys doing the rounds having been sacked elsewhere are to be avoided. Our last decent appt was Larry who we identified and recruited whilst in work, doing a good job. Clarke would be a similar appt.

It's a risk, any appt would be but unlike all but Larry, Clarke isn't damaged goods and if fans can't back an up and coming young manager who can you back.

Here's hoping.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Mickeyzee
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Mickeyzee »

I agree Mellor, i would welcome this appointment!

Will he say yes though??

Mick
It's only a game love?! Shut up you daft woman....
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Mellor wrote:Hope Clarke takes the job. If he's got what it takes to succeed here, he will. A young, up and coming manager who plays attractive football is exactly what MC said he wanted and suits me down to the ground. Old guys doing the rounds having been sacked elsewhere are to be avoided. Our last decent appt was Larry who we identified and recruited whilst in work, doing a good job. Clarke would be a similar appt.

It's a risk, any appt would be but unlike all but Larry, Clarke isn't damaged goods and if fans can't back an up and coming young manager who can you back.

Here's hoping.
I have to admire your positivity. I have defended Cellino on many occasions as regards his handling of the financial catastrophe inherited from Bates. But from a football & managerial perspective his actions in the past weeks have shown him to be out of his depth. Case 1 - the club launches a fantastic season ticket initiative and then he wines on about being lonely and not looking forward to the season - w.....r! Case 2. Is we know the season ended 2 weeks ago. It's like a starting pistol for appointments of DoF, coaching staff, manager etc then recruitment of players. Has anything happened not a thing.

His treatment of Evans is appalling - cellino justified his appointment in October and he has achieved. Fine sack him if David Moyes is arriving .... But he just seems to be trawling round for cheap inexperienced young pups .... Clarke will immediately be operating at a level; with players of a standard he has never experienced. This is not a Martin one'll or JFH serving his time at a lower level, he is a lamb to the slaughter who might just turn us down given he is working for a seriously wealthy owner already.

I sincerely hope your right and I'm wrong but if I am ... It will be more a case of luck than good management me thinks.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP · 2h2 hours ago

Bristol Rovers have had one approach from Leeds and set certain conditions before allowing Clarke to speak. Now awaiting a second approach.
Clarke was offered a new deal by Bristol Rovers yesterday. Colleague at the Bristol Post says he's currently on a 12-month rolling contract.
Bristol Rovers confirm that Leeds have made an approach for Clarke. "As yet, the Yorkshire side have failed to meet the conditions set out."
Bristol Rovers' 'conditions' will relate in no small part to a fee in compensation. Clarke's on a 12-month rolling deal. #lufc
People close Evans are now advising him to leave Leeds United. They can see the writing on the wall after the events of the past few days.
Asked Evans to comment but he wouldn't. His plan is still to be back at work tomorrow. #lufc
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Interesting to see so much sympathy for Evans and whilst I agree with it on the whole, it's nothing compared to how disgracefully Cellino treated Brian McDermott those long two years ago.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

SiMamu wrote:Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP · 2h2 hours ago

Bristol Rovers have had one approach from Leeds and set certain conditions before allowing Clarke to speak. Now awaiting a second approach.
Clarke was offered a new deal by Bristol Rovers yesterday. Colleague at the Bristol Post says he's currently on a 12-month rolling contract.
Bristol Rovers confirm that Leeds have made an approach for Clarke. "As yet, the Yorkshire side have failed to meet the conditions set out."
Bristol Rovers' 'conditions' will relate in no small part to a fee in compensation. Clarke's on a 12-month rolling deal. #lufc
People close Evans are now advising him to leave Leeds United. They can see the writing on the wall after the events of the past few days.
Asked Evans to comment but he wouldn't. His plan is still to be back at work tomorrow. #lufc
Clarke's been offered a 3 year deal by Rovers now. Much as I like him I hope he doesn't take the Leeds job as it'll cause ructions in the Sniffer household. The other half takes after her late dad and is a committed Gashead.
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by dangermouse »

Agree with Roger on this. Clarke has made a very good start to his managerial career, but this is a huge step too far for a young inexperienced manager at this stage of his career who has no experience near this level or a club anywhere near this size. To stand any sort of chance he would need a large team of experienced coaching staff around him and we all know there is no chance of that happening. Will he command respect of existing players? Will he be able to organise pre season and identify transfer targets at short notice in a market he has never operated in before? What type of players could he attract? Are the ones required to turn us into promotion contenders going to take a risk and sign for an unknown quantity, knowing it will only last a matter of weeks or months? I don't think so. Before long Cellino will isolate him, hang him out to dry and sack him by Halloween.
All this going on while we already have a reasonably good manager, up to speed with the job hanging around, been kept in the dark and treated disgracefully just like McDermott, Redfearn and the rest before him. Everyone knows the type of manager we should be chasing if Cellino was really serious, a Pearson, Moyes or McCarthy if we were to make a genuine improvement on Evans and then stand back and allow them to do their job. Most people learn from their mistakes but an idiot like Cellino is doomed to repeat them over and over again. It really is depressing stuff.