Leeds or Forum?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Leeds or Forum?

Post by MOT1964 »

Nesslin wrote:When i read on the forum how some members are very positive about how Leeds are being run under Cellino this conflicts with my views and that's fine. However when i read their positive posts after post after post it really does become a place of forced opinion in my opinion.
example: On the way to work i see someone standing on a soapbox telling me how great God is, so i take the time to hear their words then decide if a agree or not then move on. If this person was following me around with their views i would find a new route to work to avoid such preaching.
I feel this may be happing to this forum, we all know people are entitled to their opinion but if feels like it’s being flooded by a one sided opinion at times.

Everything in moderation.
MOT
The same can be said about those posting negative comments on twitter, and I think that a lot of the positive comments on this forum are a reaction to what appears on twitter.
ben87
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by ben87 »

alwaysleeds wrote:
ben87 wrote:you need negative fans, they can be more realists.
another club (different sport) that is a big part of my life was run terribly for years and years, though we've come good now, i remember thinking back then "why should i pay for tickets, merchandise and membership if they cant even win a game and the guys at the top seem totally backwards and out of the depth"
and its true, passion and love for the sport/team is all great, but at the end of the day if you keep forking out hard earned for sub par results and shitty managment, well, i guess youve been had.
im not sure were i stand regarding massimo, im somewhat hopeful i guess, but also as a leeds fan this is all somewhat familiar.
Excuse me for saying this; why is it that pessimists or negative persons call themselves realists? I've often wondered that. Can't be more wrong. Optimists are as good realists than the pessimists. ;)
i meant people who come to having a negative opinion after assesing everything. the people who are always arping on about "following the club through whatever" or "support another club if you dont like whats happening" bother me. while i appreciate the level of commitment, i guess im saying we should demand and expect more from this great club than what we've been served up over the last few years
ben87
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by ben87 »

Sheepy wrote:Thing is, we have all had 10 years of number 2s supporting our club and as each era rolls in we still feel the bruises & show the scars from the last. So each one of us gets a bit more untrusting and a bit more sceptical. The other side of the coin is the more positive supporters crave that the new era is 'the one' that will take us forward and sometimes you can see some of the trust and positivity is based more on wishful thinking than it is on facts!

That's my take on it. I try to keep positive but I also remember that as a kid, I went from supporting a club that looked bound for the 3rd division (1988) to supporting a club that had just won the League Championship (1992). We don't do things normally, it will be the same again.
:thumbup:
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

I guess my problem mostly stems from Twitter and comments like "we've only signed Italian freebies", given Taylor is our only free transfer signing and he's not actually Italian. I have no problem signing loans if they're good enough and if they're not, like Kebe and Stewart, they can leave. I think too may read into everything they see on Twitter or in tabloid newspapers and that's why they believe we have a team of Italians, when in reality we have two.
Deleted User 1076

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

Am I the only one not seeing this?
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

This time last season, the place was absolutely "buzzing" - as the players would like to say! The first home game of the season against Brighton was a sell-out, remember? What a difference a year makes!
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Pecky10 wrote:This time last season, the place was absolutely "buzzing" - as the players would like to say! The first home game of the season against Brighton was a sell-out, remember? What a difference a year makes!
Wasn't that partly to do with all the lies GFH had fed us?

If we win and play well at Millwall won't we have a big crowd for the first home match?
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

CorkWhite wrote:On this topic....
Leeds: No matter what goes on i couldn't lose interest.

Forum:....... we are all human i guess and we all interact differently with other human beings and what they say, but underneath it all, the Forum is a great place to find out everything Leeds United, i may question the positivity or negativity in others posts at times but i too have to take a step back and look at my own posts from time to time and see if i need to change something about me or my views. Overall the Mods on here are brilliant and keep it a safe place to air for everyone to enjoy the site and it is a great forum, ive come to like it a lot so keep up the good work all of you, posters, mods and admin

Ditto this for me. :shh:
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Well after today's performance against Dundee, where, not only did our new players all play well, so did our other players, even Morison looked good. Let's hope this is the start of something good, with lots of young fit and able players in our team at long last.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Pecky10 wrote:This time last season, the place was absolutely "buzzing" - as the players would like to say! The first home game of the season against Brighton was a sell-out, remember? What a difference a year makes!
Yes it was - but probably more as a result of bates being ousted, than the signings of hunt, murphey and smith. This we just don't know wether our signings are good bad or indifferent do we?