Ross McCormack named captain

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Re: Ross McCormack named captain

Post by dangermouse »

Fair play to Austin for being honest enough to realise he is not captain material, and standing himself down for the benefit of the team. You could see just by his body language lately how uncomfortable he is at the minute. I think McCormack as captain is the right choice and he can inspire a revival in our woeful form.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

@Rossmccormack44: Absolutely delighted to be the captain of Leeds united. Really looking forward to it. A proud day for myself and my family. MOT
Winner of the Europa League
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I hope the reduced responsibility can help Rudy find form again with less required of him, in terms of inspiring and leading the team as well as trying to perform himself. Another Scottish captain :D. McCormack needs to be consistent now though, as his goals can inspire the team as knowing there's a clinical forward up top can help the confidence. Came out of the blue this, but I'm not massively surprised. Not sure about McCormack as the choice, but let's hope he thrives under the pressure, he is one of our longest serving players at the club currently.
Glad to hear Austin asked to be stripped of captaincy as it takes away any worries he might want to leave after being stripped as a decision alone by McDermott. I know some of you don't like him, but on his day he can dominate a midfield. Hopefully this reduced responsibility will see him doing that again.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
18longleeds
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by 18longleeds »

I hope he can regain the form he finished last season with , fair play to him for wanting to concentrate on his own game and hopefully he can get a run of form going and Good luck to Ross Mcormack hopefully he can have a bit of success and hope it helps him re find the net.
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

onenorthernsoul wrote:How many goals were attributable to Austin on Saturday, Pecky? :P
Well I made it three assists to Austin but to be honest, if the new skipper can get three assists in a more positive fashion on Saturday, I'd be very happy :)
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Zaliukas was attributable to most of the goals, it's in his job description as 'defender'; he didn't do any, it was like the old days when you played on the park and the ball got some dogdirt on it, he was avoiding the ball like it had poo on it too :D
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

McCormack seemed to help the new boys the best over the summer, although that's purely based off twitter, and was organising the squad fines, also on twitter.
To be honest, I would've liked to see Pearce made captain.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Wilfred Martin
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Wilfred Martin »

Paddy Kenny, Lee Peltier, Adam Drury. Jason Pearce, Marius Zaliukas, Rudy Austin & Luke Murphy have all been captains at Leeds or previous clubs. (Alex Mowatt was captain of our youth team last year also.) I find it strange that we appear to be lacking leadership on the field when we have a squad allegedly full of leaders.
We're on our way to....
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

Fair play to Austin and BMD. They have both realised a change is needed and acted upon it.

I'm fully behind Ross being captain. He shows desire and work ethic on the pitch and thats what we need. If he is working hard on the pitch then it may kick start others into putting in a bit of effort. Too many of them run about to be in position without actually closing down or challenging. Ross might get them working harder.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Job should have gone to Murphy. He was captain at Crewe, he's our costliest player, he's in the right spot on the pitch [once Rudi steps aside/back] and if we aren't building a side round him we should be asking why we paid so much for a midfield general!
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente