Bielsa v Marsch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Bielsa v Marsch

Post by Barlow Boy »

Another Northern Soul wrote:"Those who go every week miss Bielsa dearly, the passion, the exciting football, the attacking football, the man himself, the atmosphere he created. Those who go every week are bored with Marsch’s tactics, boring football, boring pressers, dull personality and sheer lack of excitement."

The above is an argument that isn't worth arguing about, to generalise all match-goers as being bored etc, and those who don't go to matches being the opposite, is irrelevant and, well, wrong :angel:
Wrong, or different to your opinion :P :P :P
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Polkadot wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
Polkadot wrote:
The Fonz wrote: Beggars the question and considering today's formation why Shackleton played 90 mins for the 23s so not on the bench today.
Because he's been injured and hasn't been in match squad since March 13th. He needed game time, to hopefully be ready for some minutes in the upcoming matches if ready / needed. There is no reason to believe that Schakleton would be deemed ready to play yesterday if he didn't play the U23 game as he has been injured and not played for a long time.
Shacks was on the bench
Maybe you misunderstood part of what I tried to say, I know he was on the bench.
He was on the bench because he had survived the U23 game and the alternative would be a kid that never would play anyway.
That he has been injured and not played for the first team is the reason why he played a full 90 with the U23s. He survived that and got a spot on the bench, but there was never any reason to expect him being involved unless something unlikely happened.

If he DIDN'T play the U23 he clearly would not be more likely to play. That's what I answered too, as it seemed the Fonz meant Shackleton should not play with the U23 to be involved against City instead. But then he wouldn't be match fit.
Apologies missed his name among the subs but still raises a question to why a player is on the bench that you are not prepared to use.
Should he have just done 45min with the 23s?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:"Those who go every week miss Bielsa dearly, the passion, the exciting football, the attacking football, the man himself, the atmosphere he created. Those who go every week are bored with Marsch’s tactics, boring football, boring pressers, dull personality and sheer lack of excitement."

The above is an argument that isn't worth arguing about, to generalise all match-goers as being bored etc, and those who don't go to matches being the opposite, is irrelevant and, well, wrong :angel:
Come on mate, it isn't wrong, it is not my opinion, it is a fact - not all who go to ER are bored etc etc.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

You can bore all the people some of the time, some of the people all the time but never all the people all the time.

Either at ER or at home.

:D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Come on mate, it isn't wrong, it is not my opinion, it is a fact - not all who go to ER are bored etc etc.
Whilst I get your general gist, BB, it is wrong (don't contradict yourself ANS :) ). I am the archetypal armchair fan living 200-odd miles away from Elland Road - well, office-chair fan as I watch the streams on my computer - and I was absolutely furious/heartbroken/almost bereft at the sacking of Bielsa. Whilst I think that Marsch has improved the defence by ditching the man-marking, he is wasting our greatest assets, the pace and trickery on the wings. I think, as NW said, that we could have won, or at least drawn, one of the Villa and Leicester matches if not both.
I understand your hurt, BB, but stereotyping does nobody any good. Peace, love and MOT.
PS. I never like the Premier League anyway. :angel: :roll: :)
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Sniffer wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Whilst I get your general gist, BB, it is wrong (don't contradict yourself ANS :) ). I am the archetypal armchair fan living 200-odd miles away from Elland Road - well, office-chair fan as I watch the streams on my computer - and I was absolutely furious/heartbroken/almost bereft at the sacking of Bielsa. Whilst I think that Marsch has improved the defence by ditching the man-marking, he is wasting our greatest assets, the pace and trickery on the wings. I think, as NW said, that we could have won, or at least drawn, one of the Villa and Leicester matches if not both.
I understand your hurt, BB, but stereotyping does nobody any good. Peace, love and MOT.
I didn't contradict myself, bud, I was replying directly to BB's comment that my point was wrong :D

I'm really down about it all but I'm not annoyed with people being gloomy OR optimistic. I have to say I am not convinced by JM or the owners now but am also 100% committed to supporting the team regardless of who's in charge, AS LONG AS IT ISN'T out-houses like Hockaday, Evans, Wise, Warnock, etc :P
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Sniffer wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

I didn't contradict myself, bud, I was replying directly to BB's comment that my point was wrong :D

I'm really down about it all but I'm not annoyed with people being gloomy OR optimistic. I have to say I am not convinced by JM or the owners now but am also 100% committed to supporting the team regardless of who's in charge, AS LONG AS IT ISN'T out-houses like Hockaday, Evans, Wise, Warnock, etc :P
It's all we can do, mate.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

The Fonz wrote: Apologies missed his name among the subs but still raises a question to why a player is on the bench that you are not prepared to use.
This season PL clubs are allowed 9 players on the bench instead of previously 7. That means that almost every single game of the season you have at least 1 player on the bench that you are likely not going to use under any circumstance. Often it's kids, some times it's players that have returned from injuries but are not ready etc etc. Like that time Archie Gray was on the bench against Spurs. There was no way he was ever gonna play, but yet he was there.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Polkadot wrote:
The Fonz wrote: Apologies missed his name among the subs but still raises a question to why a player is on the bench that you are not prepared to use.
This season PL clubs are allowed 9 players on the bench instead of previously 7. That means that almost every single game of the season you have at least 1 player on the bench that you are likely not going to use under any circumstance. Often it's kids, some times it's players that have returned from injuries but are not ready etc etc. Like that time Archie Gray was on the bench against Spurs. There was no way he was ever gonna play, but yet he was there.
I tend to agree with Fonzie but it's also right what you are saying Polka.
Can understand it with a youngster been involved with the first team for the experience but Shacks is a strange one to me.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sniffer wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

I go to the football to be entertained, as well meeting the lads for a few beers of course :D.

At the moment, this football is not entertaining. The team are so narrow you could throw a blanket over them, Raphinha (arguably our best attacking player) is visibly frustrated he can’t do his stuff in the system and the results (3 wins, two of which were against relegated sides including a last minute winner and another against a 10 Man team in which we were battered in the first half) are not particularly great either.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.