Are Steve Evans' days numbered and should they be?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Are Steve Evans' days numbered and should they be?

Post by dlw10 »

My assessment of Gary Monk is that he comes across as a decent , pleasant bloke but in all his post match interviews he didn't strike me as a manager who has the Bertie Big Bollox nature that I consider vital to working under Cellino. For me it will be like having Redfearn in charge and we know what Cellino called him at the end. In my ,imited assessment this will not go well UNLESS, we get those 4 players I kep going on about and it completes a decent playing jigsaw that would do OK regardless of the coach.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Are Steve Evans' days numbered and should they be?

Post by isrodger »

Sheepy wrote:Gary Monk will be a good appointment, it ticks a lot of boxes.

It all depends on how much our loved owner will back him in terms of bringing in the right players, keeping our current talent and trying his best to not interfere with team selection and recruitment... In a nutshell, just let the bloke get on with this job and give him say a full season!

Can he do that? Is he capable? If he does, he might just turn around the clubs fortunes, increase the worth of his stake in the club and help a few people change their opinion of him. Its kinda obvious really and not that hard. Unfortunately he doesn't do things the easy way.

We have the easy way, the hard way, the leeds united way and the Massimo way.....
Has Gary monk ever signed a player.... Were not signings @ Swansea done by the DoF, most of which failed?