The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Spygate is running at 14:00 at Catterick this afternoon tipped to win at 5-1.
Only ever put a quid or too on horses in the National, but could'n't resist using my WH balance on this one.

A whole £2.50 each way.
A horse called Bielsa won last Friday, at a similar price. It’s third win in a row :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:So far we’ve had a Peacock & a small Cabbage White. Still a couple to identify.
Add Silver-Washed Frittalry to the list
Red Admiral just now, truly stunning :D
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just sitting with my back to the window, on my computer, when there was an almighty crash on the window. Got up to look out and there is the imprint of a large bird on the window, with a wingspan of about 2 ft. Went outside, nothing to be seen. Must have survived and flown off.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

As it flew off, I've no idea what flavour it was.
Deleted User 728

johnh wrote:As it flew off, I've no idea what flavour it was.

"It's bleedin' seabird flavour, innit ??!"
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

When I was a young lad I used to sleep-walk a lot. Don't do it so often now but last night I was dreaming that I was in bed in a hotel on the 8th floor. I had to get up to go to the toilet, went into the bathroom and remembered thinking how similar it was to our bathroom at home. Before I got back into bed, I looked out of the window, expecting to see a view from the 8th floor. The view was of our back garden. That's when I realised I had been sleep-walking. :shock: :lol:
Deleted User 728

johnh wrote:When I was a young lad I used to sleep-walk a lot. Don't do it so often now but last night I was dreaming that I was in bed in a hotel on the 8th floor. I had to get up to go to the toilet, went into the bathroom and remembered thinking how similar it was to our bathroom at home. Before I got back into bed, I looked out of the window, expecting to see a view from the 8th floor. The view was of our back garden. That's when I realised I had been sleep-walking. :shock: :lol:
Blimey :wtf:

I had to read that three times ... :D
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

There's a first time for everything...

Being in a house when someone passes away. Our landlord found his peace around 8 PM this evening. He was 84 and had had ongoing health problems during the six years we've lived here. He recently endured two weeks in hospital but came home to end his days. He basically had heart and kidney failure along with internal bleeding.

Over the time we've been here I chose to keep a certain distance from him and his partner, judging it was a business arrangement. Mrs MW on the other hand, being a Latina, dived in to accompany him both in hospital and here at home. Various family members gathered round during the past days.

I'm upset because Mrs MW has been quite teary, having formed a strong bond with him over the past weeks.

He died without pain and with the dignity of having his loved ones close by.

RIP Andrew Cameron Stewart.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Took a trip to the club shop today with Mrs WW.

Let's just say my wallet is a little lighter.