Todays club statement!

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Todays club statement!

Post by isrodger »

Nesslin wrote:
isrodger wrote:
mapperleywhite wrote:My heads spinning! Clearly some sophisticated thinking and analysis of LUFC's financial standing - a credit to this forum...

I'd like an explanation of how Bolton could be bought for £7.5 million this week when I've heard it has debts of £161 million. And if there are any parallels with the LUFC situation?
Following on from DW10s explanation. If the debts had not been written off effectively the purchase price would have been £168.5m not £7.5m - the difference why the price is so low is that the club is still losing money. So cost maybe £7.5m plus a loss of £20m per year for the next two years. If Leeds was losing money its value might be significantly lower but now Cellino has it breaking even, and therefore it becomes more attractive to investors if the fan base settles down and let's the management get on with the job of turning the club around.
Investors, I think many fans want a new owner so can't see the settling down happening anytime soon.

To get a new owner 1st you need the current owner wanting to sell.
Your absolutely right for once.... However whilst the fans activity might lead to MC wishing to sell it is in danger of making one of Bates lies become true..... The fans will put off investors.
massimomilitia
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by massimomilitia »

I would like to add that if you read the club statement properly it sounds like Cellino is here for the long haul as it mentions something on the lines of " we are confident we can continue further improvements in the years ahead ." So there you have it cellino is going nowhere .
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

isrodger wrote:
Nesslin wrote:
isrodger wrote:
mapperleywhite wrote:My heads spinning! Clearly some sophisticated thinking and analysis of LUFC's financial standing - a credit to this forum...

I'd like an explanation of how Bolton could be bought for £7.5 million this week when I've heard it has debts of £161 million. And if there are any parallels with the LUFC situation?
Following on from DW10s explanation. If the debts had not been written off effectively the purchase price would have been £168.5m not £7.5m - the difference why the price is so low is that the club is still losing money. So cost maybe £7.5m plus a loss of £20m per year for the next two years. If Leeds was losing money its value might be significantly lower but now Cellino has it breaking even, and therefore it becomes more attractive to investors if the fan base settles down and let's the management get on with the job of turning the club around.
Investors, I think many fans want a new owner so can't see the settling down happening anytime soon.

To get a new owner 1st you need the current owner wanting to sell.
Your absolutely right for once.... However whilst the fans activity might lead to MC wishing to sell it is in danger of making one of Bates lies become true..... The fans will put off investors.
Really? ?Agree with ISR or be wrong? :)

Well, the fair way to settle this is to see if your "ISR stats" are as accurate as you believe Sir. We both before the start of season predicted where we thought Leeds would finish in the league this season, you used and credit to you, some really unusual ISR point system that went over my weak mind. I just used common sense for my prediction.

http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopi ... 9&start=10 :shh:
Last edited by Deleted User 2299 on 26 Feb 2016, 07:59, edited 1 time in total.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

massimomilitia wrote:I would like to add that if you read the club statement properly it sounds like Cellino is here for the long haul as it mentions something on the lines of " we are confident we can continue further improvements in the years ahead ." So there you have it cellino is going nowhere .
I think he's got to say that pal - you may be right but I do I believe he is willing to dilute his share in order to create a bigger entity & a deal with Parkin has very much been on the agenda & coukd be imminent!. The issue now may be - in his shoes (Parkins) would I really want to invest say £30/£40m in LUFC with all the number 2s that is going on re Cellino out. Irrespective - If I was a billionaire and invested £100m and bought out Cellino, bought the ground and spent another £5m on wages & an additional £5m on transfer fees per season for a couple of seasons. If success didn't come would I be the target for the fans groups... Probably. If we get promoted & I don't invest further & we get relegated will they call for my head - most likely. And if we do really well and become mid table premiership, will they call for my head as the club needs to push on to the champions league (a la Everton).
Last edited by isrodger on 26 Feb 2016, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

massimomilitia wrote:I would like to add that if you read the club statement properly it sounds like Cellino is here for the long haul as it mentions something on the lines of " we are confident we can continue further improvements in the years ahead ." So there you have it cellino is going nowhere .

This would back up what I said about Cellino over paying for Leeds, he won't sell Leeds until he recoups that, and he won't recoup that investing 10 million+ into our team. ;)
massimomilitia

Post by massimomilitia »

isrodger wrote:
I think he's got to say that pal - you may be right but I do I believe he is willing to dilute his share in order to create a bigger entity & a deal with Parkin has very much been on the agenda. The issue now may be - in his shoes (Parkins) would I really want to invest say £40m in LUFC with all the number 2s that is going on re Cellino out. Irrespective - If I was a billionaire and invested £100m and bought out Cellino, bought the ground and spent another £5m on wages & an additional £5m on transfer fees per season for a couple of seasons. If success didn't come would I be the target for the fans groups... Probably. If we get promoted & I don't invest further & we get relegated will they call for my head - most likely. And if we do really well and become mid table premiership, will they call for my head as the club needs to push on to the champions league (a la Everton).
Morning pal , I don't know what to think there is a hell of a lot of speculation going around at this moment in time , I would like to think Mr Parkin would have some kind of input to our club but I'm gunning on a hope that he will buy Gfh out . I will be happy as a lotto winner if we get rid of these people totally . I can't see M.C. going for a while yet and I think Parkin and Cellino would be a great combo myself .
massimomilitia

Post by massimomilitia »

Just to add why I think cellino and Mr Parkin would work , would like to see a calming influence on lufc it was great when Adam Pearson came in not only is Parkin a lufc fan I think if he comes in he can have a permanent calming influence on Mr cellino and we as fans will feel a lot happier together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nesslin wrote:

This would back up what I said about Cellino over paying for Leeds, he won't sell Leeds until he recoups that, and he won't recoup that investing 10 million+ into our team. ;)
Think we all agree that the team needs more investment how much is debatable.
Getting the accounts in order is a big part of making that possible. So I'm hopeful we'll make some good investments before next season would be happy with 3 or 4 top quality championship players.
How much we can afford is anyone's guess but would hate to see us over spend just to try "Live the dream".
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
massimomilitia

Post by massimomilitia »

Selby White wrote:
Nesslin wrote:

Think we all agree that the team needs more investment how much is debatable.
Getting the accounts in order is a big part of making that possible. So I'm hopeful we'll make some good investments before next season would be happy with 3 or 4 top quality championship players.
How much we can afford is anyone's guess but would hate to see us over spend just to try "Live the dream".
Hi.Selby I don't think cellino can afford not to spend in the summer I reckon it's nailed on that players will be brought in with quality , whether that's with a Mr Evans in the hot seat or not . Also with Mr Parkin in the background and Evans not having proper contract given to him , I can't get this link with Parkin and David Moyes out of my head maybe it's a deal breaker for investment ? Who knows but I feel the future is a lot brighter than what these protests suggest. :think:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

LATEST rumour of rumour.

It is being claimed that Parkin is in for £30m, that the owner bought GFH's share and that the football ground has been bought back!!