Todays club statement!

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Todays club statement!

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Another Northern Soul wrote:LATEST rumour of rumour.

It is being claimed that Parkin is in for £30m, that the owner bought GFH's share and that the football ground has been bought back!!

That's some rumour :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
massimomilitia
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by massimomilitia »

It is being claimed that Parkin is in for £30m, that the owner bought GFH's share and that the football ground has been bought back!!
Now your talking that would be sweet . I don't mind them kind of rumours :thumbup:
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

massimomilitia wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Nesslin wrote:
massimomilitia wrote:I would like to add that if you read the club statement properly it sounds like Cellino is here for the long haul as it mentions something on the lines of " we are confident we can continue further improvements in the years ahead ." So there you have it cellino is going nowhere .

This would back up what I said about Cellino over paying for Leeds, he won't sell Leeds until he recoups that, and he won't recoup that investing 10 million+ into our team. ;)
Think we all agree that the team needs more investment how much is debatable.
Getting the accounts in order is a big part of making that possible. So I'm hopeful we'll make some good investments before next season would be happy with 3 or 4 top quality championship players.
How much we can afford is anyone's guess but would hate to see us over spend just to try "Live the dream".
Hi.Selby I don't think cellino can afford not to spend in the summer I reckon it's nailed on that players will be brought in with quality , whether that's with a Mr Evans in the hot seat or not . Also with Mr Parkin in the background and Evans not having proper contract given to him , I can't get this link with Parkin and David Moyes out of my head maybe it's a deal breaker for investment ? Who knows but I feel the future is a lot brighter than what these protests suggest. :think:
I don't know Parkins views on the football side... And his like ours its all very subjective. Nobody would want Steve Bruce as manager but his track record in this divisio is second to none. Arsene Wenger is a genius but would his methods work in the championship? One thing I do know is Parkin always had felt the club needs a proper level of investment to take it forward. 3 years ago he recognised it was a £70/ £90m project not just a case of paying bates £25m and hayho. So his involvement for me would build on the good work Cellino has done in addressing the absolute pile of Pooh left by Bates & co. I would expect the ground to be a big part of agenda (although I understand that wrestling off teak is easier said than done) along with an injection of additional working capital. I understand the new training ground will be self financing although again it's the landlords @ TA that are dragging their feet and maybe (I'm not fully versant with the full geography of Leeds) is the prospective site of the new acadamy a flood plain?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I think the rumour of a rumour was spread by one of the notorious IMWT people and probably isn't true. I don't know why they do it, it's sheer mischief, it's not funny and it definitely isn't clever. Still, it makes a change from that individual pretending to be someone else, pretending to work for the owner directly, and threatening, harassing folk.
massimomilitia
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by massimomilitia »

Another Northern Soul wrote:I think the rumour of a rumour was spread by one of the notorious IMWT people and probably isn't true. I don't know why they do it, it's sheer mischief, it's not funny and it definitely isn't clever. Still, it makes a change from that individual pretending to be someone else, pretending to work for the owner directly, and threatening, harassing folk.

What is IMWT mate :?:
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

I think this rumour originates from a tweet from Simon Orourke !! It was an observation he made & 2+2 in this case could be 6. However I'm pretty sure a deal of this nature is or has been on the agenda. I'm not privy to the effect that might have on GFH? One thing I do know is dealing with GFH was not a priority for MC. Their loan is now interest free & therefore there is no pressing need to redeem it. That said their equity stake would benefit from the eventual turnaround in the clubs fortunes; maybe Parkin & MC would not wish for them to have an upside.

All that said you never know with Cellino he is one clever f...r & this is pure conjecture, given GFHs cash flow issues..... Maybe he has got them to say take say half Balence of the loan immediately, and write off the Balance.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

Might be some truth in that somewhere, but I did raise an eyebrow when Parkin's 30 million went towards Cellino's shares and Cellino bought out GFH :eh:

I do believe we will buy back ER at some point and that being when he is ready to sell up, owning ER adds to the attraction when selling and you might even make money on top of the cost.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

In Massimo We Trust (Facebook group). i don't want to get into all the nonsense they've been up to, this seems to be another lie which the culprit is saying was a wind-up anyway. Weird thing is, he was apparently quoting Simon O'Rourke. O'Rourke only tweeted the apparent fact that GFH do not list anything to do with LUFC in their latest statements.

Sorry all, I've been catching up on the 'news' as I don't spend my bedtime hours on the internet like plenty seem to do :lol: I v much doubt it's news of any sort, though the GFH thing could be interesting, plus Parkin has been reportedly busy.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Thats what I call a rumour i want to turn out to be true :thumbup:

When SE said some good financial news is on the way maybe it wasn't the accounts he was talking about
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Selby White wrote:

Thats what I call a rumour i want to turn out to be true :thumbup:
Read the posts after, it reeks of bull does this rumoured rumour. Or is it no smoke without fire we can smell?! :P