Ross McCormack waiting on contract talks.....

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Ross McCormack waiting on contract talks.....

Post by mapperleywhite »

Frankie wrote:I am still thinking about this one, but I will say one thing: Jumping ship didn't do Beccio any favours!!
Absolutely spot on :thumbup:
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

mapperleywhite wrote:
Frankie wrote:I am still thinking about this one, but I will say one thing: Jumping ship didn't do Beccio any favours!!
It worked out well for Snodgrass though. Reading how his sale played out, one could even say that the best way to convince the top players at a club like Leeds to stay is not through lavishing money on them individually, but bringing in enough talent around them to make promotion plans credible. If Leeds buy 5-6 top players this summer to complement McCormack, his wage in the next 12 months should be irrelevant, because they're all likely to benefit several times over after a great season and promotion.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Bogdan wrote:
mapperleywhite wrote:
It worked out well for Snodgrass though. Reading how his sale played out, one could even say that the best way to convince the top players at a club like Leeds to stay is not through lavishing money on them individually, but bringing in enough talent around them to make promotion plans credible. If Leeds buy 5-6 top players this summer to complement McCormack, his wage in the next 12 months should be irrelevant, because they're all likely to benefit several times over after a great season and promotion.
He's going to want to see signs of ambition.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

As i would if i was the only player besides Smith Who has come out of this terrible campaign with some credibility, honestly McCormack and Smith are the only two i can say had some form throughout the season.

If i was McCormack i would also like to see what Cellino will dispense from the coffers by mid July which is half way through the transfer window, and if it dont fit what is whats needed put in transfer request thats the right option and the most fairest to club and self, he has done enough to be able to do that as did Snodgrass before him, but this summer i feel things will be alot better with many outgoings :clap: :clap: and some astute incomings :clap: :clap: , if we can get rid of majority of the hanger-ons and deadwood and replace them with less numbers with better quality, we might actually do well, its all good having competition for places but when you have too many of similar type garbage and basement buys then the competition is like going from the local chippy with rat poison to the next local chippy with cyanide. There both detrimental to the lifeblood within the club with nowhere to go but stagnancy or backwards and thats how its been.

This summer the change for the better must come and about time too
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Given a guaranteed opportunity to play in the Prem, to test yourself against the best players in the country, I can see no reason on earth why a player wouldn't jump at the opportunity. It's likely to be worth more money but more than that it's the challenge. Turning that down just leave's the player wondering if he had it in him and it's something he is likely to regret for the rest of his life. Just cos Becchio didn't work out doesn't mean it doesn't work out. It just proves Becchio wasn't good enough, no more/no less.

We lost 4 to Norwich. BJ (whose presence we still miss in midfield - no one messed him about) and Snoddy have been a success and Howson has had his moments - he at least knows what it's like and where he sits in the pecking order. We have no right to expect any of our players to turn down an opportunity. We do however have a right to expect 100% while they wear the white shirt

How many on here would turn down promotion and of those that would how many would do it out of loyalty? In my experience people only turn down promotion cos they prefer not to move home or travel or they have caring responsibilities or they don't want to take on the challenge.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Mellor wrote:people only turn down promotion cos they prefer not to move home or travel or they have caring responsibilities or they don't want to take on the challenge.
or they are happy where they are/what they are doing already.

An answer given to me recently, by a work colleague who turned down promotion.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Mellor wrote:people only turn down promotion cos they prefer not to move home or travel or they have caring responsibilities or they don't want to take on the challenge.
or they are happy where they are/what they are doing already.

An answer given to me recently, by a work colleague who turned down promotion.
Agree entirely, my final point expressed differently I think?

Sportsmen/women though are competitive by nature. Settling for what they've got is a weakness. We have one or two who have, I fear :D
attacco decente
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Mellor wrote:Given a guaranteed opportunity to play in the Prem, to test yourself against the best players in the country, I can see no reason on earth why a player wouldn't jump at the opportunity. It's likely to be worth more money but more than that it's the challenge. Turning that down just leave's the player wondering if he had it in him and it's something he is likely to regret for the rest of his life. Just cos Becchio didn't work out doesn't mean it doesn't work out. It just proves Becchio wasn't good enough, no more/no less.

We lost 4 to Norwich. BJ (whose presence we still miss in midfield - no one messed him about) and Snoddy have been a success and Howson has had his moments - he at least knows what it's like and where he sits in the pecking order. We have no right to expect any of our players to turn down an opportunity. We do however have a right to expect 100% while they wear the white shirt

How many on here would turn down promotion and of those that would how many would do it out of loyalty? In my experience people only turn down promotion cos they prefer not to move home or travel or they have caring responsibilities or they don't want to take on the challenge.

Mellor you are indeed a pragmatist.

I still sometimes wonder why Norwich actually bought Becchio. :x

As you say, not everyone is ambitious for status and reward, some pursue more simple ambitions. I don't agree though that that is a sign of weakness, to prefer to be where you want to be, making decisions against the expected norm is courageous, if that is the decision you wish to make.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Frankie wrote:
Mellor wrote:Given a guaranteed opportunity to play in the Prem, to test yourself against the best players in the country, I can see no reason on earth why a player wouldn't jump at the opportunity. It's likely to be worth more money but more than that it's the challenge. Turning that down just leave's the player wondering if he had it in him and it's something he is likely to regret for the rest of his life. Just cos Becchio didn't work out doesn't mean it doesn't work out. It just proves Becchio wasn't good enough, no more/no less.

As you say, not everyone is ambitious for status and reward, some pursue more simple ambitions. I don't agree though that that is a sign of weakness, to prefer to be where you want to be, making decisions against the expected norm is courageous, if that is the decision you wish to make.
To get rid of Morison :D
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Frankie wrote:

Successful sportsmen are different I think. Sportsmen are born to compete? Those that don't, fall away.

Await posts about Maslow's hierarchy of needs ;)
attacco decente