Benito Carbone in Line to take over LUFC Academy

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Year Zero ITK
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: Benito Carbone in Line to take over LUFC Academy

Post by Year Zero ITK »

That's how I read it too.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

rigger wrote:Frankie: he's Italian ... it's called "style" ;)

Really!! - So do you think that the players will all be wearing their tracksuit jackets in the same way, when they come onto the pitch then?
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Cellino qualifies his view to fit his purpose, however this just makes his statements meaningless and they're effectively unfalsifiable. Cellino is dying the death of a thousand qualifications.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

What comes through all the statements (from Cellino and Carbone) for me, and many have felt this I know from conversations in the ground, is life at ER has been too cosy for too long. Cellino is raising the standards and about time. Unless you have Cityesque money using the academy is the only way to go that has a chance of sustainability. Unfortunately too many fans want instant success.

If Cellino gets the team fit, get's them defending well, get's them playing with commitment week in week out I'll be pleased and the rest will follow.

Last season's football was completely unacceptable. Cellino will have watched this and shook his head with disbelief (like many fans). He saw Murphy being wasted and has said so (like many fans). He saw money being wasted (like many fans). He saw a tactically inept side conceding goals through elementary mistakes week in week out (like many fans). He quickly realised TA was bloated - there have been strong rumours about the TA regime for a long time (Warnock mentioned it but seems to have left it alone - he had no interest in the long term).

Carbone of course will do what he's asked to do - Carbone says Cellino likes him for this reason and because he does it quickly. Dictators like that in an employee. Not sure I'd want to work for Cellino but one thing's for sure, we've needed someone to cut through the dross for some time. Lufc will be different and not before time.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Mellor wrote:What comes through all the statements (from Cellino and Carbone) for me, and many have felt this I know from conversations in the ground, is life at ER has been too cosy for too long. Cellino is raising the standards and about time. Unless you have Cityesque money using the academy is the only way to go that has a chance of sustainability. Unfortunately too many fans want instant success.

If Cellino gets the team fit, get's them defending well, get's them playing with commitment week in week out I'll be pleased and the rest will follow.

Last season's football was completely unacceptable. Cellino will have watched this and shook his head with disbelief (like many fans). He saw Murphy being wasted and has said so (like many fans). He saw money being wasted (like many fans). He saw a tactically inept side conceding goals through elementary mistakes week in week out (like many fans). He quickly realised TA was bloated - there have been strong rumours about the TA regime for a long time (Warnock mentioned it but seems to have left it alone - he had no interest in the long term).

Carbone of course will do what he's asked to do - Carbone says Cellino likes him for this reason and because he does it quickly. Dictators like that in an employee. Not sure I'd want to work for Cellino but one thing's for sure, we've needed someone to cut through the dross for some time. Lufc will be different and not before time.
Nah, Warnock just removed a tree so he could see the players training from his office.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

In an interview with YEP, Carbone's talked about wanting us t have a team with 6, 7 or 8 players from the academy starting, as that's what it was like the last time we were in the Champions League. According to Carbone, we have 7 or 8 youngsters in the Under 21s who are very good. Liking the sound of this, hop we'll be able to have a largely academy based team.
ben87
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by ben87 »

I like the sound of that, inject a little pace and youth into the team, plus likely guys who love the club. Still think we should look for a creative midfield player and a solid defender or two. Maybe a striker depending on what Ross does
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

SiMamu wrote:In an interview with YEP, Carbone's talked about wanting us t have a team with 6, 7 or 8 players from the academy starting, as that's what it was like the last time we were in the Champions League. According to Carbone, we have 7 or 8 youngsters in the Under 21s who are very good. Liking the sound of this, hop we'll be able to have a largely academy based team.
That's why I posted about good news which was turned into bad news but is now good news again. I love lufc. The gift that keeps on giving.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

Must be slower than usual, but if we have that many good players in the u 21's and academy is one of best rated in the UK and didn't Naylor's youngsters have a successful season, why do we need an extra coach\consultant in thorp arch.