Expectations for next season

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
stewpot01
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: Expectations for next season

Post by stewpot01 »

Aces wrote:At the moment, I have no expectations for next season. We haven't signed anyone yet, we don't know who the manager/coach will be, it's all up in the air at present. I am still feeling positive and quietly confident though, even excited with what is about to happen.

Me too. I just hope we don't have the usual debacle of recent seasons and finish with a squad of has-bees, never-will-be's and loanees who won't pull their fingers out. TBH, I don't see us mounting a serious promotion challenge for at least another two years. McDermott would have taken at least that if not longer, and without big investment and a huge upturn in fortunes I don't see much changing, but we never know, our luck has to change sometime :)
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

My only expectation is that we will see a group of players going all out for the club and if they don't we will rapidly see another set of players try!
stewpot01
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by stewpot01 »

dlw10 wrote:My only expectation is that we will see a group of players going all out for the club and if they don't we will rapidly see another set of players try!

Hope so, because this last lot of lazy so-and=so's would be out with a banjo if they had depended on performance related pay. There are no loyal, hard working players any more, at least not in the majority, which is why all this badge-kissing makes me want to vomit as it all co**lers.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Apparently very low! :cry:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

My expectation for next season is - who is the next coach going to be?
I once played against Don Revie.
Ricardo Da Lepp
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Ricardo Da Lepp »

At present pretty low.
The "coaching" appointments have done little to suggest we will make much progress and with no director of football appointment yet the club's set-up is already looking pretty ropey and incomplete.
We also still don't know the final outcome of legal matters in Italy, which continue to cast long shadows into next season as regards Mr. Cellino's continued ownership of the club.
With so much inherent uncertainty it's impossible to expect anything much.
My hopes are that the club gets itself stable once again, with ownership, management and squad settled.
I fear that this cannot happen while Cellino meddles as he has been doing, and his long-term ownership remains in doubt.
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by alwaysleeds »

My expectations for the coming season: We finish second and goes up! Of course! :thumbup:
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

The same as Cellino's - anything else is pointless. Can only judge against the 'plan'.

I do expect to see us defend though. I miss good defending. And I hope to see drive, energy and purpose from midfield. I miss the will to win and threat at the heart of our game. I also hope to see players passing the ball to each other. I really miss passing.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I want Elland Road to be a fortress again. I don't want any club that comes to our ground to take anything home with them apart from the taste of defeat.

There has been a lot of negativity over the summer but I'm looking forward to the new season.
johnhughes1956
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by johnhughes1956 »

hi there i thought that your post is a well balanced view of whats happening at the club however theres a little monkey on my shoulder thats saying cellinio is an asset stripper and he will sell lufc on i still believe we are in the same position as when bates/fake sheiks where there