Expectations for next season

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NikosAGr1985
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: Expectations for next season

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

Pacey football with players moving the ball and running. I don't care about results. Seriously, next season I just want to see Leeds United play football again. It's been since the year we finished 7th in the Championship.
I don't want another dire hoofball season.

Hoofallday? No thanks!
Massimo Cellino: "I 've bought garbage players with the McCormack money".
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

johnhughes1956 wrote:hi there i thought that your post is a well balanced view of whats happening at the club however theres a little monkey on my shoulder thats saying cellinio is an asset stripper and he will sell lufc on i still believe we are in the same position as when bates/fake sheiks where there
Cellino has already spent tens of millions on buying the club and paying off huge debts, I doubt that it is possible for him to sell the club as a going concern at all at present, never mind to make any profit on it. The only way is for him to gain us promotion which will then catapult us in to the mega rich clubs in Europe category, like where we were before. If he does this and makes a huge profit, selling us to some mega rich Oil Shieks, then that would be fantastic, we all would be winners.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

To still be breathing :) and supporting Leeds. Everything else is gravy...
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

johnhughes1956 wrote:hi there i thought that your post is a well balanced view of whats happening at the club however theres a little monkey on my shoulder thats saying cellinio is an asset stripper and he will sell lufc on i still believe we are in the same position as when bates/fake sheiks where there
Can you explain what assets you think Cellino might be able to strip and also why he's cleared debts etc?
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Year Zero ITK
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Year Zero ITK »

There are reports that there are more unpleasant financial surprises at the club which Cellino's accountant has to sort out, and maybe more in the pipeline too. If there's one thing about him which I feel confident about, it's that he ain't no asset stripper. I suggest you take that little monkey on your shoulder and take it to the vets for a good 'talking to' :D
Leeds Leeds Leeds
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Leeds Leeds Leeds »

In 40 years of supporting Leeds I've usually had some kind of expectation at the start of each season whether it be champions, promoted, relegated or mid table mediocrity, theres usually been something I expected, but this season I really do not know what to expect, other than the fact that it's going to be 'colourful'!!!

I'm backing Cellino, I really think he understands us and I genuinely believe he wants what we want, but whether he can deliver or not remains to be seen.

Like I've already said, I don't know what to expect for next season but I hope and expect that the next 2 or 3 seasons will see Cellino re-build, re-united and restore a little pride among the Elland Road faithful. What I DON'T expect is for it to be any worse than the last 10 seasons. MOT
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

I expect a difficult first couple of months as everything settles down and the players learn to adjust to a newer more attractive passing game. Then I expect a charge up the table finishing just outside the play-offs, followed by a 2015/16 season of brilliant football seeing us go up as Champions. Simple really. :D
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I expect a top half finish, after three years in mid table obscurity, at the top of the bottom half.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

I'll say 11th.
Southstander
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Southstander »

Year Zero ITK wrote:There are reports that there are more unpleasant financial surprises at the club which Cellino's accountant has to sort out, and maybe more in the pipeline too. If there's one thing about him which I feel confident about, it's that he ain't no asset stripper. I suggest you take that little monkey on your shoulder and take it to the vets for a good 'talking to' :D
The first of those being the fact Leeds were supposed to pay the bulk of Morisons wages while he was at Millwall but because of our dire financial state we didnt and Millwall ended up paying all his wages. Now they want the money back from us. :thumbdown:
IF THIS CLUB WAS A RACEHORSE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SHOT LONG AGO TO PUT AN END TO ITS SUFFERING