Expectations for next season

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Expectations for next season

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

Mid table would be fine, as long as the team is developing. The following season I would expect an assault on the top 6.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Southstander wrote:
Year Zero ITK wrote:There are reports that there are more unpleasant financial surprises at the club which Cellino's accountant has to sort out, and maybe more in the pipeline too. If there's one thing about him which I feel confident about, it's that he ain't no asset stripper. I suggest you take that little monkey on your shoulder and take it to the vets for a good 'talking to' :D
The first of those being the fact Leeds were supposed to pay the bulk of Morisons wages while he was at Millwall but because of our dire financial state we didnt and Millwall ended up paying all his wages. Now they want the money back from us. :thumbdown:
If this is true, just how have GFH got away with this? I can't imagine they told Cellino about this arrangement when selling him the club as an ongoing viable concern and just for arguments sake, we owe £15k per week of his wages x52 weeks that's over £750k. Maybe that's why Cellinos talking about criminal charges being laid at the previous owners door.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Southstander
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Southstander »

Aces wrote:
Southstander wrote:
Year Zero ITK wrote:There are reports that there are more unpleasant financial surprises at the club which Cellino's accountant has to sort out, and maybe more in the pipeline too. If there's one thing about him which I feel confident about, it's that he ain't no asset stripper. I suggest you take that little monkey on your shoulder and take it to the vets for a good 'talking to' :D
The first of those being the fact Leeds were supposed to pay the bulk of Morisons wages while he was at Millwall but because of our dire financial state we didnt and Millwall ended up paying all his wages. Now they want the money back from us. :thumbdown:
If this is true, just how have GFH got away with this? I can't imagine they told Cellino about this arrangement when selling him the club as an ongoing viable concern and just for arguments sake, we owe £15k per week of his wages x52 weeks that's over £750k. Maybe that's why Cellinos talking about criminal charges being laid at the previous owners door.
My source is a Millwall mad fan that I work with. He is up to speed with everything Millwall and spends as much time darn sarf as he does in Yorkshire. The deal apparently was we would cough up 75% of his wages but we have not paid for months.
IF THIS CLUB WAS A RACEHORSE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SHOT LONG AGO TO PUT AN END TO ITS SUFFERING
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Nothing surprises me in football these days, with all the crazy shady dealings that go on, even more so at Leeds.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

The arrangement must have been that Millwall paid Morison in full and Leeds reimbursed Millwall for 75%, otherwise Morison would not have been paid. Millwall should have invoiced Leeds for the 75% in which case it would show as a Creditor in Leeds books. If this is not the case then it could be that the arrangement was on a more casual basis with Leeds just sending the cash (or not, it appears) However, this commitment to pay should have been reflected in Leeds accounts. If it wasn't then Cellino would have a case against GFH.
I once played against Don Revie.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Maybe Cellino's just unaware of the debt? He is new.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:otherwise Morison would not have been paid.
:thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

Expectations for next season? Right now, mid table again. Can't see us doing better. Hopefully that will change.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

The Championship is a very poor league, if we can get 3/4 new additions that improve the side, there's no reason to believe we can't challenge the play offs. Ross, Byram, Mowatt, Murphy, Smith, Pearce, Lees is a good nucleus to build from. Burnley were mid-table the season before and I believe, one of the favourites for relegation last year, so they should be someone to look up to.
Loyallufc2
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by Loyallufc2 »

Well if we can keep our captain maybe a chance of creeping in to the play offs. Hope that is a realistic hope! :roll: