Players you would like to see at Leeds.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Players you would like to see at Leeds.

Post by SG90 »

Yeah there's some good players in second tiers of continental European leagues and they'd be much cheaper than fellow Championship players or League One players. I'm hoping Massimo can get us some good young Italian playmakers for cheap.
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

With all the commotion surrounding the appointment of our coach- wait until Cellino signs the players. :wtf:

The players Cellino likes might be unknown to us, just like Hockaday.

But we have had good pedigree in the past and they couldn't perform, so we might be better with people looking to make a name for themselves.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

From SS Transfer Centre:
We're hearing reports that midfielder Stevie May has rejected the offer of a new deal at St Johnstone. The 21-year-old has just one year left on his current contract and news of his decision is sure to alert host of clubs in England
Massimo - do it. Almost 30 goals in the SPL at 20. McCormack only got 8 at that age.

Moses Odubajo, of Leyton Orient, has just signed for Brentford.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Viduka95 »

SiMamu wrote:From SS Transfer Centre:
We're hearing reports that midfielder Stevie May has rejected the offer of a new deal at St Johnstone. The 21-year-old has just one year left on his current contract and news of his decision is sure to alert host of clubs in England
Massimo - do it. Almost 30 goals in the SPL at 20. McCormack only got 8 at that age.

Shame about Odubajo, he is a player we should have looked to sign, especially given our current RM/RW predicament. He had the potential to go to a Championship team not a League 1 team that has just entered the Championship. Oh well.
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
saintduncan123
Giddy Kipper

Post by saintduncan123 »

St Johnstone Fan and avid LUFC follower since 1973 when I won tickets for the Cup Final at Wembley.

Keep McCormick if we can and bring in Stevie May. Off load all the dross. Saints would accept £1,000,000 and
I/we would get to see one of the best strike forces in the division and a future Scotland pairing.
saintduncan123
Giddy Kipper

Post by saintduncan123 »

Viduka95 wrote:
SiMamu wrote:From SS Transfer Centre:

Shame about Odubajo, he is a player we should have looked to sign, especially given our current RM/RW predicament. He had the potential to go to a Championship team not a League 1 team that has just entered the Championship. Oh well.
Just seen this. May is a striker not a midfielder.
saintduncan123
Giddy Kipper

Post by saintduncan123 »

SiMamu wrote:Could a regular SPL viewer, perhaps a Scotsman, tell me about Peter Pawlett and Aaron Doran? I.e. what their strengths and weaknesses are and what type of player they are. I've read good things about them and they've got impressive goal and assist stats in last year's SPL, so perhaps they could bring the pace and creativity to our side.
Pawlett blows hot and cold and should have been a swimmer or a diver.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

saintduncan123 wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Could a regular SPL viewer, perhaps a Scotsman, tell me about Peter Pawlett and Aaron Doran? I.e. what their strengths and weaknesses are and what type of player they are. I've read good things about them and they've got impressive goal and assist stats in last year's SPL, so perhaps they could bring the pace and creativity to our side.
Pawlett blows hot and cold and should have been a swimmer or a diver.
And Doran? Looks pretty strong with the ball.

Yes, I know May's a striker - but apparently Sky Sports don't :).

And thank you for the responses.
Last edited by SiMamu on 27 Jun 2014, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Viduka95 »

I think we really only need 1 more striker now we have got clear of Diouf and Varney.
We now have McCormack, Smith, Hunt and Poleon, with McDaid and Walters coming up through the ranks. May looks good, however I think one of the 3 Italian players coming in is a striker.
I'm guessing Hunt will be with us next season unless another club puts a bid in for him.
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Viduka95 wrote:I think we really only need 1 more striker now we have got clear of Diouf and Varney.
We now have McCormack, Smith, Hunt and Poleon, with McDaid and Walters coming up through the ranks. May looks good, however I think one of the 3 Italian players coming in is a striker.
I'm guessing Hunt will be with us next season unless another club puts a bid in for him.
We've also got Morison, although I'm hopeful we'll offload him, Cacia seems like a direct replacement for him.