McDermott in the dark from The YEP

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: McDermott in the dark from The YEP

Post by Mellor »

Year Zero ITK wrote:Anyone relevant (or who think they're relevant :P) who have the proverbial knives out for him?
All fans are relevant surely ;) although some (fans as you say Aces) have more influence than others unfortunately. Some did not want Cellino. Some of these are still hiding in the long grass and pop their heads up from time to time. They'll appear if Cellino gets a bad result in June and will return in numbers if he fails to buy ER back for the club by November. If results aren't great by then a campaign will start and the whole sorry cycle of hate will begin again I expect.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
NikosAGr1985
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

We need to have faith and patience with mr Cellino, that's for sure. All in all, he appears a straight forward, something really strange for a wealthy enterpreneur like him. He is not your average rich businessman and he certainly loves football with passion.
However, we mustn't go to the other end and lower our expectations becoming from day one Cellino-lovers, too. We must critisize what is wrong and demand certain promises to be fulfilled. Buying back our house (E.R.) and our work premises (T.A.) seems something everyone would expect from a newly acquired sugar daddy who has also promised it. I fully expect mr Cellino to back his word and demonstrate to everyone (friend or foe) that LUFC are back in track.
I hope that doesn't sound a cycle of hate that is about to begin, in all due respect.

In topic now, if I was Cellino I 'd sit down and get to know my coach (as he decribes B.McD).I think that's what he should do. Get to know each other, draw the lines start working together. That's it of course if he doesn't want to pay BMcD 1,5 million quid out of his pocket, cause I don't think LUFC's pocket can afford that sum.
Massimo Cellino: "I 've bought garbage players with the McCormack money".
Year Zero ITK
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Year Zero ITK »

Mellor wrote:
Year Zero ITK wrote:Anyone relevant (or who think they're relevant :P) who have the proverbial knives out for him?
All fans are relevant surely ;) although some (fans as you say Aces) have more influence than others unfortunately. Some did not want Cellino. Some of these are still hiding in the long grass and pop their heads up from time to time. They'll appear if Cellino gets a bad result in June and will return in numbers if he fails to buy ER back for the club by November. If results aren't great by then a campaign will start and the whole sorry cycle of hate will begin again I expect.
all supporters are relevant, very true! I should have said 'influential' or something similar :D I am satisfied just to watch things I hope develop under Cellino, and I doubt I'd be criticising him for results on the pitch. And if he doesn't buy the stadium by the end of the year, I will be watching with great interest as to why. I make my own judgements but I do think he is a bit too ready with the promises. That isn't accusing him of anything other than being maybe a bit too quick to make promises he can't yet be sure of keeping. I wish him good luck if his intentions for LU are honorable and for the good of the team and thus the supporters. Anyone wanting him to fail is a bit loopy but it's their lookout I suppose. I hope not but there might be some fans who, as they're so set against McDermott continuing to be manager, in similar weird frame of mind against Brian McD because they have been so critical of him recently :crazy:
Fernandopartridge
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Post by Fernandopartridge »

SiMamu wrote:
Aces wrote:I think all those players whose contracts are up will leave the club, none of them deserve a new contract, Brown has shown grit and determination recently, but he will be 38 next year and it's too old. Cellino will do what he wants, when he wants and I personally don't care how he goes about doing things. If I recall, isn't his court case due again in June? If it is, he might be waiting until then to see if he wants to keep BM and might also, not spend any money on players, or buying the ground back. You can't expect him to spend multi millions of pounds, if he is stopped from owning the club, especially with the likelihood of him not getting this huge amount of money back. I'm still excited over this coming transfer window, hopefully even if he loses his appeal, the FL still allow him to own us, I don't know what the legal ramifications will be, if he doesn't win the appeal, does anyone?
What about Charlie Taylor? Need to renew his contract.
Fleetwood are in the L2 Play Offs, I am guessing they won't open talks about a new contract with him until they are over?
Year Zero ITK
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Year Zero ITK »

He has done really well for them as far as I know, I would hope we take him back and offer him a deal. Fleetwood will probably want to keep him and they do pay well.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Given Cellino was this mad man who changes his managers when he changes his underwear, I find this impasse less concerning and probably a positive. One thing I suspect is that if McDermott is sacked his successor will be appointed immediately after. I wouldn't be surprised if Cellino is taking counsel from someone like warnock, yes he will want to impart his blue print on the football side, but it will require a degree of modification in order to be sudpccesful in the championship.
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

See French la ligue club Clermont have appointed a female coach,manager Helena Costa. She is better looking than Brian.

Any chance Cellino will follow suit!
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

She wasn't a footballer either. There is hope for me yet, we're moving in. Mourinho, AVB, Costa. Replace thick footballers with bright intelligent mans.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Well BM hasn't been sacked and I would have thought he would have been by now. Looks like he will be our manager at the start of next year.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT