McCormack Tweet.....

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: McCormack Tweet.....

Post by Pecky10 »

I'm sure Caddy can confirm but I seem to think his house has been up for sale for the best part of a year - mine's been on the market for six months and my stress levels are through the proverbial roof :oops: so let's not be too hasty with comments based about the house sale alone
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Pecky10 wrote:I'm sure Caddy can confirm but I seem to think his house has been up for sale for the best part of a year - mine's been on the market for six months and my stress levels are through the proverbial roof :oops: so let's not be too hasty with comments based about the house sale alone
I'm sure it's got nothing to do with selling his house, he will have enough money in the bank to buy another one and just relax and wait for this one to sell, because he's on mega bucks after getting a new improved contract recently, which he feels it's ok to break. Footballers have utter contempt for us fans, but what say have we got to say on what he does, all we do is help pay his huge wages, why should he care what we think? :wtf:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
The Johnson

Post by The Johnson »

Aces wrote:Massimo ...... If you read these forums ....... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE SELL ROSS McCORMACK and spend the money on three new quality players, he was only worth £2.5m a year ago.
Massimo,

If you read these forums. PLEASE DON'T SELL OUR BEST PLAYER.

Sincerely,

The kid who cried when we sold Howson, Becchio, Snodgrass and Gradel
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

The Johnson wrote:
Aces wrote:Massimo ...... If you read these forums ....... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE SELL ROSS McCORMACK and spend the money on three new quality players, he was only worth £2.5m a year ago.
Massimo,

If you read these forums. PLEASE DON'T SELL OUR BEST PLAYER.

Sincerely,

The kid who cried when we sold Howson, Becchio, Snodgrass and Gradel
I got close with Howson, I'd spent the summer preparing myself for Snodgrass and Gradel and I was on a bus when I found out Becchio had handed in a transfer request.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Interesting and yet another example of why owners shouldn't listen to fans - some want Ross out of the club, others see his retention as a statement of intent (ambition). The owner can't win.

I note also that fans are getting angry because the declared influx of Italians hasn't happened. Did the owner/club release a statement to the effect that the Italians were coming. I know Hockaday said players would be signed, I don't recall him mentioning their nationality. That came from the ITK folk on twitter I think.

Just a couple of examples of how we generate our own unrest.

The Ross thing needs sorting one way or the other. This is especially true with a player like Ross who has to be the one the team is built around to succeed. As a 'team' player he generally drifts onto the bench. His retention sets the requirement for any other signings. I'm fed up of hearing about him tbh. He's a master of self publicity and contract improvements. How's he going to get fit if he isn't training with the team. Another worry if he stays? We need to put a genuinely fit side out this season for once.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Mellor wrote:We need to put a genuinely fit side out this season for once.
Those pictures from the training camp in Italy, without a ball in sight, would suggest this is top of the agenda on the pitch at least.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Mellor wrote:We need to put a genuinely fit side out this season for once.
Those pictures from the training camp in Italy, without a ball in sight, would suggest this is top of the agenda on the pitch at least.
The reason there wasn't a ball in sight was that they had just been playing a practise game and all the balls had been kicked over the fence at the end of the pitch. Hoofball lives on. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I can't believe anyone would want to keep a player who has just been given a better/longer contract, made captain and then he puts in a transfer request. We all know players can decide to not try as hard, or become problematic in the dressing room, but wanting to keep a player who has asked to leave, is madder than mad IMO.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote:I can't believe anyone would want to keep a player who has just been given a better/longer contract, made captain and then he puts in a transfer request. We all know players can decide to not try as hard, or become problematic in the dressing room, but wanting to keep a player who has asked to leave, is madder than mad IMO.
It's never been confirmed by the club that he's handed a transfer request in, you're just jumping to conclusion based on unconfirmed reports.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

SiMamu wrote:
Aces wrote:I can't believe anyone would want to keep a player who has just been given a better/longer contract, made captain and then he puts in a transfer request. We all know players can decide to not try as hard, or become problematic in the dressing room, but wanting to keep a player who has asked to leave, is madder than mad IMO.
It's never been confirmed by the club that he's handed a transfer request in, you're just jumping to conclusion based on unconfirmed reports.
I thought I'd read he'd definitely put in for a transfer, if he hasn't then that's a completely different matter.