The Gardening Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The Gardening Thread

Post by Sheepy »

Here's a few of our garden, we are lucky because we have a corner house so our garden is a good size. It takes a bit of work to keep up with it and to be honest, we should spend more time keeping up with it but I think considering we know pretty much zilch about gardening and such we don't do too bad.

These pics are about 3 years old, the palm tree actually had to be cut down after the really bad winter but fortunately it started shooting again in the spring so its made a bit of a miraculous recovery!

We've grown a bit of fruit and veg too, strawberries are dead easy so we have plenty of them, we've also grown onions, carrots, beans and tomatos - with varying degrees of success!

If we don't eat them the local squirrels, snails, birds and various other wildlife seem to enjoy them!

I'll take some more recent pictures when I get the time :-)
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Found another two worth posting:

Cracking picture of the fuchsias, these are so well established we can prune them back right to almost nothing and they come again every spring larger than life.

This is the blossom tree, unfortunately I can't find one of it in blossom, it only lasts about 2 weeks but its amazing, white too, the best colour!
Under that tree we have just tidied it up with a mixture of perennials, lupins, foxglove and some gypsum.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Sheepy, I liked your roof garden with the path leading up to the chimney. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

A sunny morning yesterday had me cranking up the lawn mower and I started to mow the lawn. After a few minutes the blooming heavens opened & it hasn't stopped raining since. The back lawn at the moment resembles one of those fellas with the worst comb overs ever :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Thats the one gardening job I really hate - cutting the lawn. I should buy a goat.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Still raining here on the Costa del Nottingham. No idea when I'll get the lawns done :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Still raining here on the Costa del Nottingham. No idea when I'll get the lawns done :roll:
Hoping to do mine this afternoon, its not raining now and drying nicely at the moment, if it not rain again should be ok to cut in a couple of hours time.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Still raining here on the Costa del Nottingham. No idea when I'll get the lawns done :roll:
Hoping to do mine this afternoon, its not raining now and drying nicely at the moment, if it not rain again should be ok to cut in a couple of hours time.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Last year some of my Gladioli grew to over 6 foot, impressed me.

Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

That's a belter, although you could be really small and they could be regular sized gladioli!