McDermott Parted Company with Leeds

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: McDermott Parted Company with Leeds

Post by Aces »

Year Zero ITK wrote:No disrespect at all who disagrees with this view but personally I believe as much about that old excuse 'mutual consent' and 'amicable' as I do most politicians ie not very much. With all his vague snipes and criticisms of the club and the manager, Cellino SEEMS to have been trying to force McDermott out for quite some time now. That is my opinion but the numerous 'nice' comments from Cellino, especially about the manager, get less and less believable as time presses on.
You might be right, I do think though, it's better for BM and us that he has gone, it's been horrible for him and I can imagine it's a huge relief for him.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Year Zero ITK
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Year Zero ITK »

Yes, I might be wrong too :D Nope, IMHO, it's never better to retreat/give in until you feel you have done your best and been allowed to do your best. McDermott deserved better, that's my thoughts on it, and he deserved a proper chance to put things right, some of them caused by him, most not. I'll shut up about it now, nothing to be changed just because I'm whingeing about it :lol:
stewpot01
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by stewpot01 »

Year Zero ITK wrote:No disrespect at all who disagrees with this view but personally I believe as much about that old excuse 'mutual consent' and 'amicable' as I do most politicians ie not very much. With all his vague snipes and criticisms of the club and the manager, Cellino SEEMS to have been trying to force McDermott out for quite some time now. That is my opinion but the numerous 'nice' comments from Cellino, especially about the manager, get less and less believable as time presses on.
I for one agree totally with what you say. Cellino pi$$ed me off with his attack on McDermott in a calendar news interview, he (Cellino) was less than pleased BM had gone on holiday, a pee poor excuse at best as he must have known the manager would need some kind of break after vall the flack of recent weeks.

While I welcome Cellino to ER and hope things work out, I can see shades of the one time Hearts owner creeping in, a lunatic who wants everyone to dance to his tune or he takes his bat hoe, and god help the club IF he turns out that way.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Need to give it a day or two in case this is a case of BM wanting to leave because he has another job lined up. You never know in this game.
Year Zero ITK
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Year Zero ITK »

I do!

* I don't really :lol:
Ian Harte89
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by Ian Harte89 »

between all possible ways, the consensual termination was the best way to close the relation

maybe there will be behind the other, but I'm happy that Cellino and McDermott have used tones very accommodating and friendly at a sensitive time to manage like this

McDermott could possibly deserve another chance, but the separation is not a scandal and it is normal that Cellino want to choose a trainer that feels more of his trust

Now we must decide what to do and not to mistake the choice of the coach, going to take an experienced manager (not old though) and maybe with a good level of profile

Anyway, good luck Brian!
Last edited by Ian Harte89 on 31 May 2014, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Like others I feel for Brian and wish him luck for the future.

However it is the right time to part company the football just hasn't been good enough.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

Starting over again.

Yay.

It sounds like Cellino has a philosophy and a way he wants the club to be run, and a way he wants them to play. If that's the case, the manager needs to be able to implement that. If he can't, he needs to go. But I'm still tired of rebuilding all the time.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Thanks and good luck for the future Brian.
Bottom line is MC wants a coach and BM wants to manage. Only one outcome when neither will budge. Glad it seems amicable.
A nice swift appointment will be good so the club can move forward and rebuild.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
stewpot01
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by stewpot01 »

birkybullufc wrote:Thanks and good luck for the future Brian.
Bottom line is MC wants a coach and BM wants to manage. Only one outcome when neither will budge. Glad it seems amicable.
A nice swift appointment will be good so the club can move forward and rebuild.
I think Cellino is going to have be VERY swift and very clever in whoever he chooses to appoint, especially if he is to back up his over ambitious thinking of PL football by 2016. The club has a hell of a long way to go before then and probably a total rebuild squad wise, with the exception of two or three players.