McDermott Parted Company with Leeds

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: McDermott Parted Company with Leeds

Post by Aces »

I was an avid BM supporter and was chuffed to get him as our manager. Everything that has happened off the field as been well documented, but that doesn't take away the facts that on the field for about 3 months our team played appallingly and we nearly ended up relegated. Yes' I blame mostly the players, but the simple fact is, BM was the manager and football is a results and performance business and BM ultimately is responsible for both. It's the harsh facts and realities of football and I'm not for sacking a manager without giving him a fair chance, but this is where he was again unlucky. Cellino took over and I think that he has every right to bring in his own people and it wasn't as though BM had done anything to warrant being kept on, in fact he'd done the opposite. I like BM and I hope he does well elsewhere, but he's gone now and it's time to move on.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote:Stewart should never been signed as he was hopeless at Hull
Yet another player on a long term contract signed with a new manager coming in :roll:

Completely agree with everything you said. Yes Brian is a nice guy and showed a lot of passion for LUFC, which I'm thankful for, but he has no one to blame but himself for these dreadful performances and results.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Aces wrote:I was an avid BM supporter and was chuffed to get him as our manager. Everything that has happened off the field as been well documented, but that doesn't take away the facts that on the field for about 3 months our team played appallingly and we nearly ended up relegated. Yes' I blame mostly the players, but the simple fact is, BM was the manager and football is a results and performance business and BM ultimately is responsible for both. It's the harsh facts and realities of football and I'm not for sacking a manager without giving him a fair chance, but this is where he was again unlucky. Cellino took over and I think that he has every right to bring in his own people and it wasn't as though BM had done anything to warrant being kept on, in fact he'd done the opposite. I like BM and I hope he does well elsewhere, but he's gone now and it's time to move on.
this :thumbup:
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote:
1964white wrote:Stewart should never been signed as he was hopeless at Hull
Yet another player on a long term contract signed with a new manager coming in :roll:

Completely agree with everything you said. Yes Brian is a nice guy and showed a lot of passion for LUFC, which I'm thankful for, but he has no one to blame but himself for these dreadful performances and results.
Some fans will tell you different but you had to be at the majority of the games to realise how clueless McDermott was. Folk on here drummed him up as our saviour, sorry that doesn't wash with me, BM had one fluke season at Reading which led to many of our fans believing he was the best thing since sliced bread, yes he is a nice dignified guy but he is just an ordinary football manager & we've had our belly share of them in the last twelve years !!
Year Zero ITK
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Year Zero ITK »

You have your opinion but when he dropped your idol Zaliukas after having the worst game possibly anyone has had for Leeds in recent years, you have tried and tried to slate the manager. You claimed Z had one bad game but you conveniently forgot about Rochdale where he was very poor too. There were also rumours that Z had been 'misbehaving' off the pitch too but you clearly just want to drive your point home again and again. We get it 1964W, you hated McDermott as manager. So many people on here have said 'let's move on' regarding McDermott's exit but still you seem to relish getting at least one more dig in. You say he is dignified and nice yet you don't even afford him the respect enough to allow him to depart the club in a dignified way.

Cheerio.
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by dangermouse »

1964white wrote:[ BM had one fluke season at Reading which led to many of our fans believing he was the best thing since sliced bread, yes he is a nice dignified guy but he is just an ordinary football manager & we've had our belly share of them in the last twelve years !!
If your opinion of McDermott is an ordinary manager with one fluke season then what will you think of Festa, Hockaday or whoever? Below average managers with no fluke seasons? I'd settle for an "ordinary football manager" right now.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

dangermouse wrote:
1964white wrote:[ BM had one fluke season at Reading which led to many of our fans believing he was the best thing since sliced bread, yes he is a nice dignified guy but he is just an ordinary football manager & we've had our belly share of them in the last twelve years !!
If your opinion of McDermott is an ordinary manager with one fluke season then what will you think of Festa, Hockaday or whoever? Below average managers with no fluke seasons? I'd settle for an "ordinary football manager" right now.

Ditto that!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Year Zero ITK wrote:You have your opinion but when he dropped your idol Zaliukas after having the worst game possibly anyone has had for Leeds in recent years, you have tried and tried to slate the manager. You claimed Z had one bad game but you conveniently forgot about Rochdale where he was very poor too. There were also rumours that Z had been 'misbehaving' off the pitch too but you clearly just want to drive your point home again and again. We get it 1964W, you hated McDermott as manager. So many people on here have said 'let's move on' regarding McDermott's exit but still you seem to relish getting at least one more dig in. You say he is dignified and nice yet you don't even afford him the respect enough to allow him to depart the club in a dignified way.

Cheerio.
Where have you got the impression that Zaliukas is my idol ? yes he had 4 or 5 MOTM performances, after that he went downhill & he was awful at Spotland as you say but so were the rest of the team. I have no idols in the modern era of football, the players which came nearest to that scale were Beckford, Delph & Howson during the last ten years

Next point....i don't do hate. McDermott is a nice man infact he comes across as a gentleman & as i've aready said previously i wish him well whatever is his next move
Last edited by 1964white on 03 Jun 2014, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dangermouse wrote:
I really do hope Cellino makes the right appointment for LUFC, i do fear whether he will though as his past record of employing managers does not read well !

I'd settle for a decent european manager :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Frankie wrote:
dangermouse wrote:

Ditto that!
Now there's a surprise ;)