Has it really come to this ????????

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
morris474
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Has it really come to this ????????

Post by morris474 »

So our once great club is reduced by the money men, to a choice between Readings youth coach and the ex manager of, and no disrespect to them, Forest B...dy green rovers. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have supported Leeds since 1968 and been a season ticket holder for over 30 years,
Well message to the money men
No More,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can have my season ticket back. If that's the extent of your ambition for our club, I hope you enjoy your future trips to Port vale , then York city followed By Kidderminster Harriers.
It is a disgrace and I will take no further part in this shambles. I will always support Leeds united but i will not line the pockets of money men with no ambition, or passion for the club.
Instead i will spend my weekends watching Leeds Rhinos and or dare I say it Huddersfield town
Thank you and good night money men
Deleted User 728

Re: Has it really come to this ????????

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Ahhh, come on mate.
Don't over-react.
Nobody knows what's going on at the moment.

Why would Cellino sell Cagliari and come here to wade through endless red tape, deal with a different legal system to what he's used to, wrangle with an oblique board of directors, face the notorious British media let alone upset some of the most loyal, vociferous fans on the planet if he didn't want to make a go of it.

Have a little faith, please.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Fiery character like Cellino? Media will love him and never ask him a difficult question in fear of his games - like with Mourinho and Ferguson. Media only attack nice guys who are too polite to bite back, because they know there won't be any vicious replies - like Wenger and Pellegrini. And bother when one of their golden boys, like Mourinho, starts making offensive comments about the nice guys they lap it up - which was the sort of thing that made Mourinho so unpopular in Spain.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

After everything that's happened in the last 8 years, including massive financial malpractice, Bates' obscure ownership permutations, caretaker managers, appalling football, and selling our best players, I don't really understand why you've chosen now to reject Leeds United and switch to the dog-botherers...

We all accept that there hasn't been as much movement in some key areas (coach, transfers, TA repurchasing etc) as we would've liked, but to be fair to MC, he was up front about not being able to fully commit himself to LUFC until he'd sold Cagliari, which he only did last week.

I'm an eternal optimist, which is ironically a thoroughly disappointing thing to be when it comes to Leeds, but even notwithstanding my misplaced faith, this still feels like quite an exciting time, if only because for the first time in nearly a decade we've had a different owner who works in a different way, and may actually be able to shift us away from the torrid stuff listed above.

Talk about kneejerk.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

You can divorce your wife, you can move to another city, you can even disown friends and family but you can't switch clubs.

ever.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Sheepy wrote:You can divorce your wife, you can move to another city, you can even disown friends and family but you can't switch clubs.

ever.
Like when Augustus disowned Gaius Maecenas after Maecenas "betrayed to his wife (Suetonius)" information on one of the plots to assassinate Augustus.
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

SiMamu wrote:Like when Augustus disowned Gaius Maecenas after Maecenas "betrayed to his wife (Suetonius)" information on one of the plots to assassinate Augustus.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

exactly what i was thinking :shifty:
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

I haven't got a ST , but I can't wait for the season to start , I think MC is working wonders in having the balls to get to the real problems and try to sort them best he can but its a real vipers nest , have a bit of faith this could be us waking up from the nightmare I will hope as I always do.

Up's and downs morris, up's and downs.

MOT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Bogdan wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Like when Augustus disowned Gaius Maecenas after Maecenas "betrayed to his wife (Suetonius)" information on one of the plots to assassinate Augustus.
He betrayed to his wife the discovery of the plot of Varro Murena and Fannius Caepio.

Sorry, my bad, couldn't remember which of the plotters it was - hope that clears things up.