Has it really come to this ????????

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Independent Republic
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Re: Has it really come to this ????????

Post by Independent Republic »

gilesdriveby wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:Patience is a virtue some say, i wont be worried about incomings and outgoings until about mid july, thats usually about the time things should be starting to take pace regarding Cellino and his new brigade of players, we do have a few players that can cope but need more that can strengthen the first team.

Last year when GFH brought in Murphy we all thought that was going to be the first of many and we brought in squad players after that, the most important thing we need is more first team players that heighten the enthusiasm of not just us the fans but the club as a whole, look at how we all felt when Murphy was bought for 1million, if we can acheive to do that with a few signings of that amount ther would be optimism thronging the stands each home game and away. Cellino is doing the right things even if done with a bit of bad taste in some fans mouths, ive felt weve needed a complete overhaul for many years and something new, we have as a club have been stuck in the glory days for far too long and you dont have new history if you dont invest or do the groundwork properly. I love the history of our club as do all people who follow LUFC but we need to step up once again and shake off the tiring philosophy of were Leeds United we deserve this or that, we deserve nothing unless we do the hard work, Cellino has his work cut out of that im sure, but given time i think we will do good again and that new history will come too. Theres more pressure on us to succeed because we are a massive club in our following but medium club in our philosophy and how we go about things. I guess its time to stop the agony as we have been doing these past 10-12 years, were a bit like a mouse sliding down that razor blades edge and using outpr balls as breaks.

Come on Leeds we can achieve anything if we do things the right way....United[/quote

My 6 year old daughter got tickets for shamrock rivers v cork. Great initiative giving free tickets to local schools. Cork won of course ruining the kid's night!

Cork had a very good young right full who set up first goal and was watched by Wigan last night (Barry lenihan). Could do worse than Leeds take a look at him.]
A fine player from my old club Corinthians.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

morris474 wrote:So our once great club is reduced by the money men, to a choice between Readings youth coach and the ex manager of, and no disrespect to them, Forest B...dy green rovers. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have supported Leeds since 1968 and been a season ticket holder for over 30 years,
Well message to the money men
No More,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can have my season ticket back. If that's the extent of your ambition for our club, I hope you enjoy your future trips to Port vale , then York city followed By Kidderminster Harriers.
It is a disgrace and I will take no further part in this shambles. I will always support Leeds united but i will not line the pockets of money men with no ambition, or passion for the club.
Instead i will spend my weekends watching Leeds Rhinos and or dare I say it Huddersfield town
Thank you and good night money men

Hockaday it is mate, see ..... What were you stressing about? :lol:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
morris474
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by morris474 »

So the Hock will be on a seventh of the salary that McDermott was on. Well that says it all doesn't it.
Full speed backwards then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I expect we will be replacing the groundsman with the man who trims the grass around Batley park lake,.
And Bill the blacksmith who works part time for the st John ambulance with be chief physio.

I guess this will be spun as progress.
A season ticket for Leeds Rhinos is much cheaper for a season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

morris474 wrote:So the Hock will be on a seventh of the salary that McDermott was on. Well that says it all doesn't it.
Full speed backwards then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I expect we will be replacing the groundsman with the man who trims the grass around Batley park lake,.
And Bill the blacksmith who works part time for the st John ambulance with be chief physio.

I guess this will be spun as progress.
A season ticket for Leeds Rhinos is much cheaper for a season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It hasn't worked having these so called quality managers on seven times the wage Hockaday is on, so who knows how he will do. He might do better, similar, or get us relegated, hopefully we get some new players in soon and our lazy current players pull their fingers out next season.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT