The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Not sure BB just think they’ve more chance of following Covid-19 rules & regulations. The seats at Scarborough have no numbers & the rows no letters. Toilet facilities are much superior at Headingley. I’d expect a crowd of around 4000 to attend but it’s such a big game there will be plenty disappointed.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Having watched the Leicestershire game on Friday via YouTube I said to my wife that’s it never again. She wanted to watch some sloppy movie so armed with a bottle of wine and some Scooby snacks I took myself off to the conservatory thinking I needed my head testing. What a way to get back into the saddle and go back to top of the table. Debutant Mark Stoneman scoring a classy 50 but the star with the bat was Jordan Thompson, remember the name he’s destined for great things. He scored 74 runs off 35 balls including 7 sixes. Then it was the turn of Dom Bess who ended with figures of 3-17. An absolutely incredible nights entertainment, what a shame there wasn’t 17-18000 inside Headingley to cheer the boys on.

YARKSHIRE, YARKSHIRE, YARKSHIRE!
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Having watched the Leicestershire game on Friday via YouTube I said to my wife that’s it never again. She wanted to watch some sloppy movie so armed with a bottle of wine and some Scooby snacks I took myself off to the conservatory thinking I needed my head testing. What a way to get back into the saddle and go back to top of the table. Debutant Mark Stoneman scoring a classy 50 but the star with the bat was Jordan Thompson, remember the name he’s destined for great things. He scored 74 runs off 35 balls including 7 sixes. Then it was the turn of Dom Bess who ended with figures of 3-17. An absolutely incredible nights entertainment, what a shame there wasn’t 17-18000 inside Headingley to cheer the boys on.

YARKSHIRE, YARKSHIRE, YARKSHIRE!
I interviewed Bumble last year, Phil, about his supporting Accrington Stanley etc 8-)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Another Northern Soul wrote:
I interviewed Bumble last year, Phil, about his supporting Accrington Stanley etc 8-)
He’s very much Marmite, personally I love the fella. My favourite quote of his was regarding an Aussie bowler where he said if he’s an international bowler then my backsides a fire engine :lol: Sue & I love it when he picks people out in the crowd who are wearing Sky earpieces & starts an impromptu chat with them, like what’s in the lunch box. It’ll be a sad day when he hangs up his microphone.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Yorkshire thrashed in the t20 tonight, embarrassing
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Good Evening Wigan White :wave:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Good Evening Wigan White :wave:
Pfft..... :roll:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Good Evening Wigan White :wave:
Pfft..... :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

We need to bottle this passion.

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin