The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Mr Russell »

Mr Russell wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:Early breakthrough with Robinson getting Harris but all Australia now, Stokes gets Warner but bowls a no-ball. When your luck is out nothing goes right!!!
Australia 1/113 at Lunch, Robinson and Wood caused some problems in the first hour of the second day but it just seems too easy for the batsmen. Once they get a lead of 200 this game will probably be over.
Better middle session there as England removed the Aussie danger players in Labuschagne and Smith. The fast bowlers are doing ok but Leach has gone for way too many even if he did get Manus. Overseas off spinners usually struggle here and Leach has found out the hard way. Warner nearly got his 100, oh for that no-ball! :x

Bit of a fightback with 3 quick wickets but lead is nearly 100, need to get the rest even quicker.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

A part of me is pleased for Travis Head, I remember watching him hit 175 for YCCC at Grace Road in a Royal London game & how angry he was when he was out. Great player with a truly winning mentality.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Are you following the Big Bash Marcus ? Which teams the nearest to you ?
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Are you following the Big Bash Marcus ? Which teams the nearest to you ?
The 2 Sydney teams are the closest to me, I follow the English players more than the actual teams.

Hales I think is close to being the highest overseas run getter as Luke Wright is not playing down here anymore.

I don't watch it all the time especially when the Ashes are on but if there no football on then I'm happy to watch a few games and relax.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

I’ve seen all the BB games so far. The stadiums a magnificent but a bit too big for purpose as a few thousand fans rattle around. Was looking forward to seeing the young Tykes yesterday but Brook is still involved with the Lions & Thommo had been in contact with someone with Covid but according to his Twitter account he should play on Saturday.

All Hurricanes Aren’t We :D
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Yeah the crowds have been down for the Big Bash so far (actually most sports here in Oz have) mainly due to COVID and some people not ready to venture out too much.

Finally getting to the football tomorrow for the 1st time in months!
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Finally England get Australia out for 425, with Wood taking 2 of the mornings wickets to end with 3 like Robinson. 278 ahead.

Hameed takes strike for England in their 2nd innings and Burns has lasted 2 balls this time around and not losing his wicket. Long hard day of batting to come for England.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Mr Russell wrote:Finally England get Australia out for 425, with Wood taking 2 of the mornings wickets to end with 3 like Robinson. 278 ahead.

Hameed takes strike for England in their 2nd innings and Burns has lasted 2 balls this time around and not losing his wicket. Long hard day of batting to come for England.
Just after typing the above Burns was given out LBW but thankfully he reviewed it and he's not out, phew!
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Mr Russell wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:Finally England get Australia out for 425, with Wood taking 2 of the mornings wickets to end with 3 like Robinson. 278 ahead.

Just after typing the above Burns was given out LBW but thankfully he reviewed it and he's not out, phew!

Lunch England 0/23, looking solid except for one close call on Burns from Starc.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Mr Russell wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

Lunch England 0/23, looking solid except for one close call on Burns from Starc.

Burns fails again getting only 13 whilst Hameed shows some fight with another score in the 20's (sort of reminds me of Mark Ramprakash when he started his test career with a few 20's), just needs to kick on with it. Malan and Root (the 2 Yorkies) go slow and steady to the tea break at 2/107. Need to get to the close of play still together to have any chance of making it hard for the Aussies.