The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by birkybullufc »

The Johnson wrote:I was at the game yesterday. My God. It was the single greatest sporting experience of my life. We lived the highs, and definitely felt the lows. It ebbed and flowed like an absolute classic. The 40,000 capacity crowd were on form throughout, with the highlight being a rousing rendition of "You're worse than England". (This was before we lost 4 wickets for 7 runs I should add.)

An awesome spectacle in what has been an awesome tournament so far. Even more brilliant for us Kiwis because the win all but guarantees us top spot in the group. So a home semi final is on the cards (fingers crossed, because I have tickets for that one too!)
Was a great game to watch on Tv. It had all the drama you could wish for from any sporting event. Glad you were there to cherish it TJ.
The way Brendan McCullum has been playing and captaining NZ just sets the tone for the whole team. Fantastic to watch a player at the top of his game.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
alfie
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by alfie »

Not going to plan for England at the moment. :roll:
BURNLEY ARE BIGGER THAN LEEDS
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

England need 276 to beat Bangladesh. Currently 7-0.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

England all out for 260.

johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Definitely wont be going to the open top bus ride to Trafalgar Square now.
I once played against Don Revie.
Fernandopartridge
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Post by Fernandopartridge »

Shocking, fair play to Bangladesh though - Rubel Hussain bowled brilliantly, and Mahmudullah showed our boys how to build an innings.

It will be interesting to see who takes the brunt of the blame, the ODI coaching staff, the ECB or what I think is the more fundamental problem, the emphasis on ODI cricket at domestic level.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Moores should resign after this.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I watched the game for a short time before I had to go out. Root and Buttler were in and batting like rabbits in the headlights - and they are our best batsmen! We just do not know how to play the short form of the game. It doesn't help when your captain is unbelievably off form. He can't be dropped so its like playing with 10 men. (Its a pity he couldn't be dropped by the fielders').
I once played against Don Revie.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

May as well send them home now before Afghanistan give them a good hiding!

In tournaments past they have excuses before they had to play test cricket somewhere and it interfered with their world cup plans, now this time they moved the ashes series for them to give them more chance to prepare and look what has happened. Big questions need to be asked. We are playing the 50 over game like we did in the 70's and 80's, all other nations have adapted and are miles ahead of us.

Send them home on a slow boat!!!!!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Sri Lanka have beaten Scotland by 148 runs.