punctuation

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnhughes1956
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

punctuation

Post by johnhughes1956 »

hi there ive been politly asked if i could kindly insert some punctuation into my posts well the simple answer to that is no i cant because im a product of foxwood school east leeds < reunions held on armley d wing > to describe the school as mental is an understatment it was like being back in the nam however we did turn out a cycling world champion paul wood who then let the entire school down by joining the police we also turned out a couple of handy lufc lads david harvey and that lad conners ?? ive forgotten his first name anyhow ill do my best for you all come on you whites
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: punctuation

Post by Sheepy »

Not only can you try and punctuate, but can you try and post in the relevant forum please?

Leeds United stuff in the LUFC Discussion forum and a post like this goes in general. It keeps things nice and tidy helps people find the relevant topics to contribute to.

I know Foxwood school well as I went to Temple Moor, if you can throw in the odd comma or full stop it will ensure we don't get short of breath when reading your stuff and prevents us from passing out. :)

Cheers
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

John

Can I suggest you just use a line break ?

Just press return TWICE after what you consider a sentence

That way it's much easier to read as it gives the eye a rest rather than trying to scan through an entire block of text, looking for a breather ...

John Can I suggest you just use a line break Just press return TWICE after what you consider a sentence That way it's much easier to read as it gives the eye a rest rather than trying to scan through an entire block of text, looking for a breather
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

exactly, whatever works best!

there's no spelling or grammar tests here, just trying to make it easy for everyone to read the posts :-)
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

johnhughes1956 wrote:Hi there! I've been politely asked if I could kindly insert some punctuation into my posts. Well the simple answer to that is, no I can't, because im a product of foxwood school east leeds < reunions held on armley d wing > to describe the school as mental is an understatment it was like being back in the nam however we did turn out a cycling world champion paul wood who then let the entire school down by joining the police we also turned out a couple of handy lufc lads david harvey and that lad conners ?? ive forgotten his first name anyhow ill do my best for you all come on you whites
I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of punctuating this - it was the teacher in me, sorry, I couldn't resist!
I actually enjoy marking - does that make me weird? :crazy: :geek:

Hi there, I've been politely asked if I could kindly insert some punctuation into my posts. Well, the simple answer to that is, no, I can't, because I’m a product of Foxwood School in East Leeds - reunions held on Armley D-Wing! To describe the school as ‘mental’, is an understatement. It was like being back in the ‘Nam, however we did turn out a cycling world champion - Paul Wood - who then let the entire school down by joining the police! We also turned out a couple of handy LUFC lads, David Harvey and that lad Conners - I’ve forgotten his first name. Anyhow, I’ll do my best for you all.

Come on you Whites!
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

Frankie wrote:
johnhughes1956 wrote:Hi there! I've been politely asked if I could kindly insert some punctuation into my posts. Well the simple answer to that is, no I can't, because im a product of foxwood school east leeds < reunions held on armley d wing > to describe the school as mental is an understatment it was like being back in the nam however we did turn out a cycling world champion paul wood who then let the entire school down by joining the police we also turned out a couple of handy lufc lads david harvey and that lad conners ?? ive forgotten his first name anyhow ill do my best for you all come on you whites
I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of punctuating this - it was the teacher in me, sorry, I couldn't resist!

Hi there, I've been politely asked if I could kindly insert some punctuation into my posts. Well, the simple answer to that is, no, I can't, because I’m a product of Foxwood School in East Leeds - reunions held on Armley D-Wing! To describe the school as ‘mental’, is an understatement. It was like being back in the ‘Nam, however we did turn out a cycling world champion - Paul Wood - who then let the entire school down by joining the police! We also turned out a couple of handy LUFC lads, David Harvey and that lad Conners - I’ve forgotten his first name. Anyhow, I’ll do my best for you all.

Come on you Whites!
Yes it does - I'm a teacher and marking is the bane of my existence.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Costy wrote:
Frankie wrote:

Come on you Whites!
Yes it does - I'm a teacher and marking is the bane of my existence.
I found only one thing that irked me. I think the correct grammar is, who "lifted" the entire school by joining the police. :thumbup: ;)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Davycc wrote:
I found only one thing that irked me. I think the correct grammar is, who "lifted" the entire school by joining the police. :thumbup: ;)
:thumbup:

Nice one, Davy :D