The Italian Revolution. Your Thoughts.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: The Italian Revolution. Your Thoughts.

Post by alwaysleeds »

ben87 wrote:have we actually signed any of these guys yet?
all i keep hearing is "in talks with" and "linked to"
better geta move on otherwise we'll struggle to feild a team at all this season
I've read that both Marco Silvestri and Tommaso Bianchi have signed. :)
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

alwaysleeds wrote:

Let's hope so, although it still says on wiki they haven't, wiki is very up to the minute on transfers. I don't know if they are better than what we have, but seeing how our current squad aren't that good, they would have to be pretty average to be like them. Fingers crossed they are better. :thumbup:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Viduka95 »

Our only official signing is Stuart Taylor (GK) from Reading. We haven't officially signed anyone else, however there are many players that are having trials at Leeds United. We have also been linked to numerous players but until they have been officially confirmed as signing for us they aren't our players. :thumbup:
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Viduka95 wrote:Our only official signing is Stuart Taylor (GK) from Reading. We haven't officially signed anyone else, however there are many players that are having trials at Leeds United. We have also been linked to numerous players but until they have been officially confirmed as signing for us they aren't our players. :thumbup:
Cheers for that info. :thumbup:

They need to get on with it, when is our first games? We could do with getting players, playing together.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Viduka95 »

Yeah I agree, if we are bringing in some Italian players I'd rather they get into the mix sooner rather than later. Don't want them joining us too late as they might not have settled.
Not sure when our first pre season game is, I would presume it isn't too far away. I know a few of the other Championship clubs have already started theirs (I know Fulham have already played one)
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Lets hope Cellino is finalising a few deals as we speak and they are ready to join this week, we need at least five or six IMO.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote:
alwaysleeds wrote:

Let's hope so, although it still says on wiki they haven't, wiki is very up to the minute on transfers. I don't know if they are better than what we have, but seeing how our current squad aren't that good, they would have to be pretty average to be like them. Fingers crossed they are better. :thumbup:
What wiki page do you use?

A Leeds United XI is playing Grimsby Borough today.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I just put a players name up and it shows a link to his wiki page, I then click on it and it says who their current club is, if they transfer wiki usually change it sharpish. It's say neither are at Leeds yet, unless you can see different Si.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote:I just put a players name up and it shows a link to his wiki page, I then click on it and it says who their current club is, if they transfer wiki usually change it sharpish. It's say neither are at Leeds yet, unless you can see different Si.
I understand the process, just wasn't sure if you were using (my precious) 2014-15 Leeds United season or individual player pages. The most reliable place to check tends to www.leedsunited.com - if it's not been confirmed there, then the player isn't a Leeds player yet.

From someone attending the Grimsby borough game, watching a team of U21s:
Joe Mewis ‏@joemewis · 9m
Massive tactical shift from last season for #lufc u21s here. Short, sharp passing, big emphasis on playing it out from the back. Very tidy.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

I wouldn't panic just yet. A lot of clubs including those bigger than Leeds have been linked to players but have not yet completed the signings. A lot of useful players still on market e.g. Ross, or still free agents. The longer you wait the less wages the agent player is likely to look for.
Silvestri is or would be a good buy so Cellino obviously figures its a priority to finalize his deal.