First Team Squad

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: First Team Squad

Post by alwaysleeds »

NikosAGr1985 wrote:What if we use a 3 cb tactic with wing backs, 3 in the middle and 2 up front?

Sth like this:
---------------------Silvestri------------------------
----------Belluschi---Pearce-----Cooper
Byram-------------------------------------Taylor
---------------Murphy----Bianchi---------------
---------------------Benedicic-------------------
---------------Doukara----Sharp------------------

I find it an interesting line up tbh. Especially for difficult games like the one on Saturday. Looks like a good passing team with pace and flair up front...
This is really a good team. The only thing is that I perhaps will chose Poleon on the same position as Benedicic. Otherwise we a totally agree. :)
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

alwaysleeds wrote:
NikosAGr1985 wrote:What if we use a 3 cb tactic with wing backs, 3 in the middle and 2 up front?

Sth like this:
---------------------Silvestri------------------------
----------Belluschi---Pearce-----Cooper
Byram-------------------------------------Taylor
---------------Murphy----Bianchi---------------
---------------------Benedicic-------------------
---------------Doukara----Sharp------------------

I find it an interesting line up tbh. Especially for difficult games like the one on Saturday. Looks like a good passing team with pace and flair up front...
This is really a good team. The only thing is that I perhaps will chose Poleon on the same position as Benedicic. Otherwise we a totally agree. :)
I like the look of this line up as well, I think Beradi will be vying the LB position when he gets back. This team has 7 new players in it from the team of last year, which is no surprise they played awful. You could say it's 8 with Taylor playing instead of Warnock. I like Ajose, he looked really dangerous and we might get Agard, so the scrap for a first team start is really on. Players will really have to perform now in every area, which can only be a really good thing, last year some players form was shockingly poor, like Kebe, but they kept getting picked, partly because of BMs poor management, but also because there wasn't much alternative on the subs bench.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
NikosAGr1985

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

I am still not convinced Berardi would be useful at LB and I certainly wouldn't pick him as LWB. When you deploy a wing back it means he 's got to cover all the left side, so left foot is a necessity. Not to mention the red card he got (could be already in the funniest videos of the season)... I think he's a good back up for our young star Byram, who I really rate and wouldn't sell no matter what, unless of course he wanted out.
Ajose is from the little I 've seen a much better option than Stewart, who if you ask me was really terrible! Still, I think he is best used as an inside forward or a winger in a 4-3-3 tactic. Therefore I think he will be a handful in home games or as an impact sub in away games when we are behind and need more forwards.
I really want us to be solid and hard to beat this year. No more easy goals conceded! The Hawk for me will be judged not on results but mainly on the way we play. If he can get us to play football after so many years along with using the youth we have then I won't mind a 9-13 final position this year.
I have picked Benedicic in the AMC position instead of Poleon because I think Jan can defend too and we are going to need that if we play with 3 in the middle, otherwise it'll be like last year when BMD played 5 at the back and used wingers at the same time (!!!!)... If you seen this guy, he is not what we first thought he'd be. He is actually a strong player with a body type that is ahead of his age. So I think he is readier than Poleon.
However if someone can inject a footballing brain in the latter he could be our edition of Sterling!
Massimo Cellino: "I 've bought garbage players with the McCormack money".
alwaysleeds

Post by alwaysleeds »

It's Bellusci, not Belluschi. 8-)
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Viduka95 »

Just seen a picture of the lads out training, the height difference between Smith and Ajose is hilarious :lol:
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Viduka95 »

Our current squad depth

------------Silvestri
Byram--Pearce--Bellusci--Taylor
------------Austin
---Mowatt--------Bianchi
------------Murphy
------Sharp------Doukara

--------------Taylor
Berardi--Wooton--Cooper--Warnock
--------------Cook
------Tonge-------Benedicic
-------------Dawson
-------Smith------Ajose
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Looks good that Viduka, just shows how things have changed from us letting all those players go. I hope they are as good as they seem, we will soon find out, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
alwaysleeds

Post by alwaysleeds »

Is this our final squad for this season?

30 players.

Goalkeepers: Alex Cairns, Marco Silvestri and Stuart Taylor.
Fullbacks: Gaetano Berardi, Sam Byram, Charlie Taylor, Zac Thompson and Stephen Warnock.
Centrebacks: Giuseppe Bellusci, Liam Cooper, Ross Killock, Jason Pearce and Scott Wootton.
Midfielders: Rodolph Austin, Tommaso Bianchi, Lewis Cook, Chris Dawson, Alex Mowatt, Luke Murphy and Michael Tonge.
Wingers: Nicky Ajose, Zan Benedicic, Souleymane Doukara, Adryan Tavares and Aidan White.
Strikers: Mirco Antenucci, Dominic Poleon, Billy Sharp, Matt Smith and Lewis Walters.

(Now Kenny has gone. And I even taken away Norris, Hunt and Morison because I feel sure they are next to go)
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I don't think Morison will go, he seems like the kind of guy who's happy to pick up a wage packet for another two years without playing, earning £17k p/w.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
alwaysleeds

Post by alwaysleeds »

SiMamu wrote:I don't think Morison will go, he seems like the kind of guy who's happy to pick up a wage packet for another two years without playing, earning £17k p/w.
Let's hope that's not the case. Perhaps he will take a new loan visit to Millwall?